No way Mayfield passed classes at OU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 20, 2010
Bethel Acres, OK
Just imagine, if the mullet wasnt such a wuss, osu might be able to brag about road victories over tradition rich programs like ohio state, ucla, tennessee, fsu, alabama etc.

Anyway, yeah youre looking good vs the old days, but if you really want to get good and stay there, compare yourself to the studs you want to be, not the duds you used to be.
Hmmm....
If I recall, the last time we played UCLA, Tennessee, and Alabama we beat them, all on the road.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
maybe, maybe not. we expect to win to win them all so they are not really big games to us. Ohio State might have been a big game and big win for UO, but for us it would have just been another game no bigger or more important than Tulsa.
huh? beating Ohio State in Ohio Stadium is the same as beating Tulsa? BS

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Hmmm....
If I recall, the last time we played UCLA, Tennessee, and Alabama we beat them, all on the road.
Well bama was a bowl game at a neutral site. And exactly zero of those games were scheduled by the mullet, who if it were up to him, would rather sacrifice his first born child than schedule big time opponents in the ooc slate.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
maybe, maybe not. we expect to win to win them all so they are not really big games to us. Ohio State might have been a big game and big win for UO, but for us it would have just been another game no bigger or more important than Tulsa.
you expect to win them all because the mullet strokes out at the thought of scheduling someone tough in non conference. And no, the ohio state game would have been seen as monumental for your program, and much, much, much more significant than a victory over tulsa. Wins over tulsa are a dime a dozen.

May 20, 2010
Bethel Acres, OK
Well bama was a bowl game at a neutral site. And exactly zero of those games were scheduled by the mullet, who if it were up to him, would rather sacrifice his first born child than schedule big time opponents in the ooc slate.
You mean like Florida State?
or maybe you mean like Mississippi State, twice.
or UCLA, twice.
or, Georgia, twice.
or maybe Washington State, twice.
or Arizona, twice.

All since Mullet Mike has been HC. And don't give me that, "he didn't schedule them" crap, he could have unscheduled them and didn't.

Besides we don't need to play a tough OOC schedule... we play UO every year.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
or UCLA, twice.
or, Georgia, twice.
or Arizona, twice.

All since Mullet Mike has been HC. And don't give me that, "he didn't schedule them" crap, he could have unscheduled them and didn't.

Did you even read my post? No, I mean this:

In the past, Holder and OSU coach Mike Gundy have disagreed over scheduling. Gundy prefers a softer path before Big 12 play.

“My football coach doesn’t want to play anybody any good, definitely, but jiminy Christmas, we looked pretty good against Florida State,” Holder said of the 2014 season opener, which the Cowboys lost 37-31. “Until we beat OU, that was the highlight of our season.”
He could have unscheduled them? I doubt it, the AD wanted those games and I highly doubt he would allow mullet boy to back out of em. And that's before getting into contract breaking. And based on what we know about him, i'm sure he probably tried to talk his way out of them before they were scheduled. And of course you need to consider playing a tough OOC schedule. You dont play oregon, ever. so not sure why you guys keep saying that. Playing a tough OOC is more than just about your program too.

“It’s important for us to schedule competitive games nonconference,” Holder said. “That’s all of us. Really the best way to build our brand is step outside our conference and beat some good opponents.”
“It’s not about bowl eligibility anymore,” Holder said he told them. “Guys, we can control that nonconference schedule. As a group, we’ve got to decide if we’re going to schedule for bowl eligibility or we’re going to schedule to win a national championship. And everyone in this room directly affects this league.”

Holder said every Big 12 team’s schedule “impacts the team we’re trying to push up to play in that (championship) game. So shame on us. Let’s do some things about the things we can control.”
Or is your AD stupid? I dont think he's stupid, I think he's onto something with these comments.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
or UCLA, twice.
or, Georgia, twice.
or Arizona, twice.

He's gone on record stating he wants cupcakes.

And if you go on every year banking on a conference opponent to be your "bowl game" you'll never be any better than that.

Texas understands this. And they're literally the only other opponent in this conference that swings for the fences. Everyone else is shagging fly balls in empty lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
And paraded around the field with poster boards with Austin Kendall's "basic defense" quote on it.

Seriously... how deep is that stick in your ass?

You go into a cathedral of college football. Whoop their ass. And plant the flag in the middle of the O. If that's not indicative of Oklahoma history, then I don't know what is. It was fun.

You must have loved the ISU player sticking that flag right in the middle of Gaylord Family then. I loved it, too.

At least the ISU coach had enough class to rip it up quickly. But still, the plant was sweet, sweet karma.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
You must have loved the ISU player sticking that flag right in the middle of Gaylord Family then. I loved it, too.

At least the ISU coach had enough class to rip it up quickly. But still, the plant was sweet, sweet karma.
Also, the Cyclone player was at least smart enough to plant the flag on a grass field. Takes a special kind of goofball to try it on a turf field.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
He's gone on record stating he wants cupcakes.

And if you go on every year banking on a conference opponent to be your "bowl game" you'll never be any better than that.

Texas understands this. And they're literally the only other opponent in this conference that swings for the fences. Everyone else is shagging fly balls in empty lots.

You and your twin, laptop boy, digress, the issue here is your chest pumping and attempts to discredit OSU. It's your uber weak team that was taken to half by Tulane (piitiful), nearly taken to the woodshed by a 0-4 Rapelor and then had your pants pulled down at home so all could see what a minute pair of peas you had by a 2-2 ISU with a 3rd string walkon QB. You'd be better served not blathering about nonconference baseball bullshit since your pussies not only can't swing for the fences but are beat by a team that didn't even have to hit it past your bigmouth pitcher.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You and your twin, laptop boy, digress, the issue here is your chest pumping and attempts to discredit OSU. It's your uber weak team that was taken to half by Tulane (piitiful), nearly taken to the woodshed by a 0-4 Rapelor and then had your pants pulled down at home so all could see what a minute pair of peas you had by a 2-2 ISU with a 3rd string walkon QB. You'd be better served not blathering about nonconference baseball bullshit since your pussies not only can't swing for the fences but are beat by a team that didn't even have to hit it past your bigmouth pitcher.
Oh hey. Back from your White Supremacy convention?