No way Mayfield passed classes at OU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Trying to plant a flag into field turf.... running from the police....

Football smart.. otherwise? Not so much...

(did you read in the Tulsa World how he was so offended Ohio State sang their fight song after the game last year? He acted like that never happens. Must have missed Bedlam 2014 and when he was starting for Tech, our win in Lubbock, 2013)

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio State lined up on the sideline in front of their fans and sang with their fans. That's a celebration after the game and showing appreciation to your fans.

What Mayfield did was classless.

Seriously he's mad because the Ohio State football team sang to their fans, so Mayfield in response disrespects the Ohio State field and logo in retaliation?

Last night they compared him to Johnny Manziel. I think they may be right.

He'll learn some manners in the NFL or he won't last long.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
And paraded around the field with poster boards with Austin Kendall's "basic defense" quote on it.

Seriously... how deep is that stick in your ass?

You go into a cathedral of college football. Whoop their ass. And plant the flag in the middle of the O. If that's not indicative of Oklahoma history, then I don't know what is. It was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So what. It was fun and what's anyone going to do? He destroyed the best D hell face all season and he's sitting
Pretty in the Heisman conversation. I'd say he makes up for it

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
And paraded around the field with poster boards with Austin Kendall's "basic defense" quote on it.

You go into a cathedral of college football. Whoop their ass. And plant the flag in the middle of the O. If that's not indicative of Oklahoma history, then I don't know what is. It was fun.

Until someone plants their flag on the OU logo at mid-field. Where does it stop.

It's classless. Win with some dignity.

He's a hypocrite, he did worse than what he was complaining about.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

I find it interesting you think it was classless when Ohio State did it but funny when OU did it...... Which makes your argument not convincing.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Until someone plants their flag on the OU logo at mid-field. Where does it stop.

It's classless. Win with some dignity.

He's a hypocrite, he did worse than what he was complaining about.
It was not classy or professional or great sportsmanship. I wouldnt advise he do it again and i'm not proud of it. But meh, didnt really bother me, it was emotional and in the moment and felt kind of good, cathartic even.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Yeah I never complained about it before hand. I didn't care.

If you guys ever had big road wins in football you'd understand.

Ever had big road wins? Do you have to try and be this retarded?

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Lay it on me chief. List em out. Bowl games don't count.

Do you have a specific time frame? Gundy era? All time? Past few years?

Bowl games is understood. I just need specific criteria.. I know how you dance around here and I'm not letting you wiggle out of anything.

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
We sing the alma mater after winning on the road. Doesn't Texas sing on the road even if they lose? My point is a lot of teams do it, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The coaches on my son's team try to teach them to win with class and be respectful of your opponent, and then this happens and throws all that out the window when everybody thinks it's awesome.
From the top of my head, Bedlam 2001 and Missouri 2008 are two recent times when we have beaten a top 5 team on the road (A&M was ranked #8 in 2011). Of course, there have been a lot of big road wins in recent years, many of them come-from-behind.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Hell I wasn't even thinking about conference... you're SUPPOSED to win those. Never mind. Just in the last six years, Oklahoma has won at Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee and now Ohio State. Those are huge big time environments that you don't face on a normal pace of the season.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah I never complained about it before hand. I didn't care.

If you guys ever had big road wins in football you'd understand.

You evaded the question.

Mayfield and OU evidently thought it was classless when the Ohio State team sang to their fans on the field in Norman after the game. But somehow planting your flag on the Ohio State logo at midfield was fun and good sportsmanship?

There are a few things in the heat of a game celebration that you can give a pass on. There are some though that's just simply poor sportsmanship.

Honestly it reminded me of this clown.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Leave it to some of you ass clowns to sap the fun out of everything.

Big difference between planting a flag and flipping off fans.

So now you're blaming Mayfields actions on other people? If you were comfortable with his actions you would still think it was fun. The fun is being sapped out of it because it was a dumb thing to do.

And no, there isn't a difference. Both are disrespecting your opponent. Well there is some difference, Mayfield also disrespected Ohio State traditions, Ohio State Students, and Ohio State Alumni (some of those line up on Sundays in the NFL, Mayfield may get a chance to meet some of them). Manziel wasn't up to that challenge, maybe Mayfield will be?