No National Seed

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2005
Dude, in all honesty the raiders can take a hosted regional with Florida and Dallas Baptist... I would Rather take my chances on the road in the super regional than to draw that regional.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I figured after they gave Ole Miss the regional instead of aTm, Tech would get the Super over us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I saw Georgia Tech with a 3 seed I had a bad feeling. When I saw Louisville with a 7 seed I knew we got hosed.

Speaking of hosed. East Carolina with the #5 RPI gets a 10 seed. That has to really sting. No way in hell should there be a 5 point swing from RPI and seeding (ECU drops 5 and Georgia Tech climbs 5). NCAA, please stop claiming how important RPI is if you're just going to pull teams out of your ass on selection day.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Tech may not even advance to supers with those teams. They aren’t exactly playing their best baseball of late.
They may not advance, but they supposedly took a dive on the conference tournament so they could be go home and be rested for their regional. So, their last two games may not be indicative of their remaining games. I hope I’m wrong though.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If they were going to screw us out of a national seed, I would have preferred the 10 seed instead. I'd rather play at Louisville than at Tech. And IF we can make the CWS, we'd be matched up with the #2 seed instead of the #1. NCAA never has and never will do us any favors.

Nov 3, 2004
We have had an impressive finish to the regular season and conference tourney, but the one hiccup was the Tech series. It’s hard to say we are more deserving than Tech after that series.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Tech may not even advance to supers with those teams. They aren’t exactly playing their best baseball of late.
They may not advance, but they supposedly took a dive on the conference tournament so they could be go home and be rested for their regional. So, their last two games may not be indicative of their remaining games. I hope I’m wrong though.
They didn’t take a dive. Some knuckleheads on this site insist on perpetuating that myth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk