NK cancels high level summit with SK for tomorrow, (Updated: IT is back on. Rodman to attend)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Tbh I'm with Rand Paul here. NK has been giving much with nothing in return. It would be a nice gesture, however difficult it might be, to at least put on hold the drills until after the summit. But NK needs to understand they will forever continue due to security concerns for SK and troops will continue to he stationed there.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Breaking News.
Trump has canceled his meeting with Kim Jong Un

In a letter released by the WH that Trump wrote to Kim Jong Un Trump says

“Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting,”

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Breaking News.
Trump has canceled his meeting with Kim Jong Un

In a letter released by the WH that Trump wrote to Kim Jong Un Trump says

“Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting,”
lol looking back at all the drivel I was hearing on left leaning radio shows about how badly Trump NEEEEEDS this meeting to happen and there's no way he can cancel it because he NEEEEDS it...

Best case scenario: Meeting happens and Trump accomplishes something no previous president has done
Worst case scenario: Meeting doesn't happen and Trump STILL accomplishes something just for the meeting even being a possibility and he's no worse off than any of the other presidents were... No, Trump did not NEEED this meeting to happen...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
lol looking back at all the drivel I was hearing on left leaning radio shows about how badly Trump NEEEEEDS this meeting to happen and there's no way he can cancel it because he NEEEEDS it...

Best case scenario: Meeting happens and Trump accomplishes something no previous president has done
Worst case scenario: Meeting doesn't happen and Trump STILL accomplishes something just for the meeting even being a possibility and he's no worse off than any of the other presidents were... No, Trump did not NEEED this meeting to happen...
I wonder how this will effect the House Republican's nomination of Trump for a Nobel Prize as in their letter to the Nobel Committee in their formal nomination of Trump it read

"Since taking office, President Trump has worked tirelessly to apply maximum pressure on North Korea to end its illicit weapons program and bring peace to the region,"

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I wonder how this will effect the House Republican's nomination of Trump for a Nobel Prize as in their letter to the Nobel Committee in their formal nomination of Trump it read

"Since taking office, President Trump has worked tirelessly to apply maximum pressure on North Korea to end its illicit weapons program and bring peace to the region,"
I don't think that statement is necessarily void at this point. Just because Trump cancelled doesn't mean he's not still playing the game.

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
An interesting fact is that if Kim genuinely feels threatened and fears loss of everthing to a military coup while he is in Singapore, he has lost Trump’s promised protection.
Kim is now between his grave, a rock and a hard place.

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
Brilliant, totally unexpected move. Now Trump has “hand”. Un was trying to jerk him around, make a puppet out of the US President. Not playing that game.
Walk away, squeeze China economically some more, and let them send Little Rocket Man groveling back, hat in hand.
All the liberal pinheads expected Trump to bend over backwards to get Un to the table for a PR win, instead he bitch slapped him.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Brilliant, totally unexpected move. Now Trump has “hand”. Un was trying to jerk him around, make a puppet out of the US President. Not playing that game.
Walk away, squeeze China economically some more, and let them send Little Rocket Man groveling back, hat in hand.
All the liberal pinheads expected Trump to bend over backwards to get Un to the table for a PR win, instead he bitch slapped him.
https://twitter.com/politiCOHEN_/status/999655197675806721