Nikki Haley Resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Shocked reaction in DC this morning as Haley told her staff this morning she was resigning after giving her resignation to Trump...will finish out the year in her current position

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It was nice to have someone at the UN with some balls for a change, her leaving is a big loss but hopefully it's for reasons of getting her into office in the near future (either as a governor, senator or cabinet member), with an eye on a 2024 presidential (or VP) run. Rice/Haley 24....that would be the freaking dream team.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I have a buddy who's an artist and independent tour guide who lives halfway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. He was hand-picked by the government to shepherd Haley around Jerusalem during her visit last year. If I can dig up his FB pics with her I will update this post. He said she was delightful and funny.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It was nice to have someone at the UN with some balls for a change, her leaving is a big loss but hopefully it's for reasons of getting her into office in the near future (either as a governor, senator or cabinet member), with an eye on a 2024 presidential (or VP) run. Rice/Haley 24....that would be the freaking dream team.
You would vote for Susan Rice?

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
I agree from an electability POV this is a strong team but I’m wondering, from a policy perspective, why you would support Rice. Obviously who is on the other tickets would have some bearing but I’m not as crazy about another Bush term as most.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I agree from an electability POV this is a strong team but I’m wondering, from a policy perspective, why you would support Rice. Obviously who is on the other tickets would have some bearing but I’m not as crazy about another Bush term as most.
Oh I agree that Rice would be a moderate much as Bush was and that is not my 1st pick but I've almost given up hope of getting a true conservative or libertarian anywhere close to the White House in my lifetime...and considering how radical the left has become I could support just about any moderate Rep over a Dem when it comes down to it. Granted the Dem party may regain it's sanity between now and 2024 but I'll believe it when I see it.

I say it would be a dream team because, as you point out, the strong electability of it. The 2024 election will either be after 8 years of Trump, which usually means a pendulum shift, or it would be after 4 years of a Dem administration and it's hard to unseat an incumbent. Plus, from a purely entertainment value perspective, it would be funny to see how the Dem party would react to two women on the Rep ticket, one of them black. Would they still try to use their playbook of identity politics or would they scramble to come up with something else? Would they throw both women under the bus while continuing to claim they stand for women and african-americans?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think a Haley/Cruz, Cruz/Haley, or Pence/Haley would obliterate anyone the democrats trot out there.
I think I might be able to support a Haley/Cruz ticket just because I think Haley is a very strong candidate. Would love to see this primary Trump in 2020 (which I'm 100% sure won't happen)

Democrats have 0 to put out there right now. Uncle Joe or Bernie is it. I'm betting Cory Booker will run....if Oprah runs lord help us, because people will rally to her in the Democratic party for some reason I haven't figured out just yet (and no not all Democrats are Liberals or stupid)

Right now the Washington Post has the top 5 Democrats for 2020 as
:derp::derp::derp::derp::facepalm::facepalm:
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kamala Harris
4. Joe Biden
5. Cory Booker

If Condi would run, I would switch parties just to make sure she got my vote