Nike vs In-n-Out: The Silent Majority Have Spoken

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Just my $0.02, I'm not sure he wanted another nfl job, I think he wanted to use the nfl as a means of propping up what he was lying about to begin with, he lost his job originally because nfl dc's figured him out and he wasn't that good in any other system (in comparison to other nfl qb's not just some guy wandering Market). If he wanted an nfl job there were at least 2 teams that said they were prepared to make him an offer as a backup;
Miami - he sabotaged that one by explaining to the good folks of Miami all the good things castro did
Baltimore - his gf came to his rescue here by comparing Ray Lewis and the owner to Django unchained

Multiple gm's said they just didn't get the sense he was ready to commit to football but I agree that he used the ruse of acting like he wanted a job in the nfl to prepare for his lawsuit.

I suspect if he was allowed to use the gm's office as a home base for his all his sacrificial actions he would have taken it.
I do agree that his heart clearly wasn't in the game after he was beaten out for the starting job. The martyr angle is strong and I don't believe any NFL team is going to not bring him in as a backup if they think he can possibly get him in the playoffs or a round deeper in the playoffs.

Kaepernick had NFL legs and arms; but a Mountain West Conference heart once he got benched. I respect what he's doing calling attention to a situation that needs attention; but the dude wasn't Favre, Elway or Manning.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I do agree that his heart clearly wasn't in the game after he was beaten out for the starting job. The martyr angle is strong and I don't believe any NFL team is going to not bring him in as a backup if they think he can possibly get him in the playoffs or a round deeper in the playoffs.

Kaepernick had NFL legs and arms; but a Mountain West Conference heart once he got benched. I respect what he's doing calling attention to a situation that needs attention; but the dude wasn't Favre, Elway or Manning.
oh please..... there IS NO "SITUATION"... much less one that "needs attention".

It's fake news. It does not exist. There is stat after stat and study after study that demonstrate that the guy has zero basis for making his wild allegations.

and if that wasn't enough, you had to take it another step and insult our football opponent for next week, and give them some bulletin board material. You do realize that Boise competes in the MW conference, right? (whatever a MWC heart is, besides an insult)

"Screw You America" (i.e., Colin Kaepernick) did not play in the MW conference, since he left Nevada in 2010 (WAC), and Nevada didn't join the MW conference until 2012.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This can't make Nike happy...
Nothing says racism and oppression quite like like a black multi-millionaire getting praised by many of the countries ruling elite for protesting during that countries national anthem, then getting chosen as the face of a multi-billion dollar company making millions more and then to top if all off, he's able to make $130 each selling shirts with his name on it. How on earth did a black man manage all of that in the face of so much racism and oppression.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I know this is a radical concept but I don't think corporations should be allowed to make political donations anyway.

Why do they make them? 2 reasons, to buy influence or to push an agenda using other people's money. This, admittedly is a shoot from the hip response. Maybe someone can tell me why we are better off with corporations being able to dictate policy through donations, but I don't see it.

Freedom of speech was intended for individuals and I respect that. Any CEO, Director, C*O can give money where they see fit. I just don't want them giving my money as a shareholder, and as an investor I'd rather focus on stock price versus company value when investing than do I like their politics.

Where am I going wrong?