Nick Saban vs. Mike Gundy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I would rather lose my wallet, than my retirement account;

is that just me?
Why are you worried about losing your retirement account? I direct my own, and I have zero worries about losing it. I figure that I'll have bigger things to worry about if our financial system ever collapses.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't really think my opinion on abortions matters; The technology is available and you can't get that genie back in the bottle.

I also think too many men think too many women treat an abortion decision lightly.
Well you did say every American has the right to Life...I'm just saying I agree with you. :)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I’m not outraged at all. Why would i be outraged. If u think gundy and saban are comparable all I can do is laugh.
I guess you are right, #1 and #17 aren't that comparable over the last decade...but it's harder to win at #17 than at #1...FAR FAR harder. Btw, the below are the winningest programs in the last decade...You will notice that Oklahoma State is #17 in this list...not too shabby. Btw, our win percentage puts us higher than this at #11...Not sure why they docked us.
1593303567813.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I guess you are right, #1 and #17 aren't that comparable over the last decade...but it's harder to win at #17 than at #1...FAR FAR harder. Btw, the below are the winningest programs in the last decade...You will notice that Oklahoma State is #17 in this list...not too shabby. Btw, our win percentage puts us higher than this at #11...Not sure why they docked us.
View attachment 82436
Nick saban could win at #1 and he could win at #17. Gundy cant recruit so he wouldn't keep the talent loaded. To win the SEC u need to be a hell of a recruiter you still have to go head to head with auburn, UF and UGA for top recruits. Gundy still would probably find a way to lose to oklahoma. We will stay around 20 in this category. Gundy has mastered hovering around 9 wins. He starts 4-0 because the OOC schedule is a joke. Throw in kansas every year and you are 1-2 wins from being bowl eligible. Easy money

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Nick saban could win at #1 and he could win at #17. Gundy cant recruit so he wouldn't keep the talent loaded. To win the SEC u need to be a hell of a recruiter you still have to go head to head with auburn, UF and UGA for top recruits. Gundy still would probably find a way to lose to oklahoma. We will stay around 20 in this category. Gundy has mastered hovering around 9 wins. He starts 4-0 because the OOC schedule is a joke. Throw in kansas every year and you are 1-2 wins from being bowl eligible. Easy money
So, let me get this straight, a guy who can't recruit is a top 15 winningest coach in college football for the past decade...yet he can't coach and you seem to want him gone? I hope I'm wrong...

Alabama has THE best iconic team in all of the Southeast...If a good coach goes to Bama they do close to what Saban has done...it isn't as big a deal to win big consistently at a Bama or OU as it is at an Oklahoma State, or an Iowa State, or a Kansas State, or even a Missouri. It's just common sense to understand that. WE have an iconic program just down I-35 and yet we are right there with them in terms of win percentage over an entire decade, we have a team in Texas who has every advantage over us, every single one you can have, yet we are beating their ass most years recently....Still, in some peoples opinion, our coach "can't" recruit, nor coach...Honestly, some of our younger than 40 y/o fans really piss me off with their lack of reality and desire to bury our program for the foreseeable future with their GDS (Gundy Derangement Syndrome).

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And what led to that?[/Q
People who think they are NOT personally responsible for their own actions and blaming them on their circumstances. This false premises permeates the minds of those who feel someone else is to blame for their station in life. It's not race based but a side effect of creating the victimhood mindset in our culture and educational system based on race, gender, poverty, and many other traits rather than an positive overcomer mentality that champions achievers no matter their race or gender. It's the blame game and the negative results that the mindset produces that lead many to crime. The power of positive thinking can overcome most all the negatives in ones life and keep them from resulting to crime. Once someone descends into a victimhood mindset they are very hard to get out of it...and they become politically useful for radical viewpoints.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
So, let me get this straight, a guy who can't recruit is a top 15 winningest coach in college football for the past decade...yet he can't coach and you seem to want him gone? I hope I'm wrong...

Alabama has THE best iconic team in all of the Southeast...If a good coach goes to Bama they do close to what Saban has done...it isn't as big a deal to win big consistently at a Bama or OU as it is at an Oklahoma State, or an Iowa State, or a Kansas State, or even a Missouri. It's just common sense to understand that. WE have an iconic program just down I-35 and yet we are right there with them in terms of win percentage over an entire decade, we have a team in Texas who has every advantage over us, every single one you can have, yet we are beating their ass most years recently....Still, in some peoples opinion, our coach "can't" recruit, nor coach...Honestly, some of our younger than 40 y/o fans really piss me off with their lack of reality and desire to bury our program for the foreseeable future with their GDS (Gundy Derangement Syndrome).

Mrs. Gundy we understand your position. Your husband is the winningest coach in OSU history. Despite what you are asserting he is nowhere near Nick Saban. Mike struggles in recruiting but is a much better coach. We understand you may feel different about your husband which is fine. Your husband has a great chance to win the big 12 and beat OU this year. No excuses get it done. However appreciate you taking the time during your break from watching OAN network to respond.

Last edited:
May 12, 2010
I believe Black Lives Matter is a statement is an absolute truth; I feel that many of our law enforcement agencies have failed to treat people of color equally.

I am concerned that Black Lives Matter as an organization has Marxist leanings and seem to be opaque about that.

To me, racial equality and police brutality are not political issues. Every American deserves the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
When this popped up again I did a lot of research into police brutality particularly against blacks and found it not to be anything close to an epidemic. LE should always be striving to get better and eradicate bad cops, but there are much worse plights than police brutality and using that as the example of black lives not mattering isn’t going to get much traction with regular folk. It plays well on cable news sure, but that’s probably a sure fire sign that your approach is divisive. What I did find is that aggression against the police has been on the rise and because of that I think the police reforms being discussed should center around de-escalation training. I also think groups like BLM should be pushing compliance with police during interaction and if you think you got a raw deal notify them afterwards.

As to police profiling, is that a problem? I don’t know. Probably so. As a minority I can certainly tell when profiling is happening and when it’s not. But sometimes profiling is common sense. Like with airport security. Probably doesn’t make sense to have the 80 year old granny getting the full TSA agent treatment for example.
Here is an article to support Bay Area Poke's post. The study was done by the University of Michigan and the University of Maryland College Park, and published in theProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/white-cops-dont-commit-more-shootings/

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk