Nick Saban vs. Mike Gundy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you chose to do that why should I care enough to tell you not to do it?
Back to the example of the kid fearing being shot by the cops, it perpetuates a distrust of the police that is disproportionate to the actual risk. It's not fair to the police and not helpful for the kid.

Mar 11, 2006
Back to the example of the kid fearing being shot by the cops, it perpetuates a distrust of the police that is disproportionate to the actual risk. It's not fair to the police and not helpful for the kid.
He has already stated he doesn’t care to help them and calm their fears. And stated that people are fine with ignoring facts (assume he is including himself).

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
He has already stated he doesn’t care to help them and calm their fears. And stated that people are fine with ignoring facts (assume he is including himself).
I’m not sure what you are getting at... Help do what exactly? I’m not a helper... I employ people to help people. Not sure what you are expecting of me. Help your president fact check not me. He seems to struggle with the “truth” you keep alluding to.

MindAflame

Lurking. Screwed.
A/V Subscriber
Mar 22, 2012
You do release this involves self reporting and not all police departments report which means the number is likely higher.
It probably is higher, but we don't know by how much, and we have no reason to believe that the ratios wouldn't hold true. A number of projects and data repositories of law enforcement shootings and killings produce different total values, but the ratios are typically similar from one to the next.

Here you are from the USA today let me guess you don’t believe their reportin
This is the flawed and misleading per-capita "proportionality" argument.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
It probably is higher, but we don't know by how much, and we have no reason to believe that the ratios wouldn't hold true. A number of projects and data repositories of law enforcement shootings and killings produce different total values, but the ratios are typically similar from one to the next.

This is the fundamentally flawed per-capita "proportionality" argument.
You explaining this to me is to explain what premise?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Police killing of UNARMED black people is an epidemic. Depends on which mostly white neighborhood. I just bought a rental property in ladera heights california its majority black it is safer and more upscale than many white neighborhoods. The property value is much more than most neighborhoods in oklahoma. When people consistently talk about chicago i can reason that they just repeat what they hear on TV. Some talk about chicago and have never even seen the city. Based upon your reasoning in your hypothetical question. Let me ask do you think terrorism is a problem or epidemic for the US?
Oh snap, I almost moved to Ladera one of the Dona streets. Found a great Condo over there.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

MindAflame

Lurking. Screwed.
A/V Subscriber
Mar 22, 2012
You explaining this to me is to explain what premise?
That some of the core claims in the narrative regarding police killings of blacks is inaccurate, that there is not an epidemic of police murders of unarmed blacks or unarmed people of any other race, and that data make clear that the issue of deaths by police is more complex than most understand or will admit.

Sep 22, 2011
I believe Black Lives Matter is a statement is an absolute truth; I feel that many of our law enforcement agencies have failed to treat people of color equally.

I am concerned that Black Lives Matter as an organization has Marxist leanings and seem to be opaque about that.

To me, racial equality and police brutality are not political issues. Every American deserves the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Black people commit overwhelmingly more violent crime per capita than any other racial demographic

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
That some of the core claims in the narrative regarding police killings of blacks is inaccurate, that there is not an epidemic of police murders of unarmed blacks or unarmed people of any other race, and that data make clear that the issue of deaths by police is more complex than most understand or will admit.
The police and government seem to think its am issue as they look at criminal justice reform. You don’t have to convince me perhaps a better use of your time would be finding stats on poverty rates in oklahoma. Maybe you can solve the complex issue of how to get the state below the national average. That would be making a real difference in your community. Thoughts?

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Good to see you around here lurking.

Sep 22, 2011
I would rather lose my wallet, than my retirement account;

is that just me?
How about being assaulted, murdered, raped, how do you feel about kids being mowed down in drive bys. White collar criminals should go to jail too, just to address your juvenile whataboutism