Nick Saban vs. Mike Gundy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I really wish Mike Gundy would have had the forsight to be on the front of this matter. Coach Gundy addressed it in his response. But Nick Saban embraced the position. I do have questions about the organization; but have zero qualms with saying the phrase Black Lives Matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu2LOSGbNpg

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
What questions do you have about the organization?
I believe Black Lives Matter is a statement is an absolute truth; I feel that many of our law enforcement agencies have failed to treat people of color equally.

I am concerned that Black Lives Matter as an organization has Marxist leanings and seem to be opaque about that.

To me, racial equality and police brutality are not political issues. Every American deserves the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I believe Black Lives Matter is a statement is an absolute truth; I feel that many of our law enforcement agencies have failed to treat people of color equally.

I am concerned that Black Lives Matter as an organization has Marxist leanings and seem to be opaque about that.

To me, racial equality and police brutality are not political issues. Every American deserves the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

When this popped up again I did a lot of research into police brutality particularly against blacks and found it not to be anything close to an epidemic. LE should always be striving to get better and eradicate bad cops, but there are much worse plights than police brutality and using that as the example of black lives not mattering isn’t going to get much traction with regular folk. It plays well on cable news sure, but that’s probably a sure fire sign that your approach is divisive. What I did find is that aggression against the police has been on the rise and because of that I think the police reforms being discussed should center around de-escalation training. I also think groups like BLM should be pushing compliance with police during interaction and if you think you got a raw deal notify them afterwards.

As to police profiling, is that a problem? I don’t know. Probably so. As a minority I can certainly tell when profiling is happening and when it’s not. But sometimes profiling is common sense. Like with airport security. Probably doesn’t make sense to have the 80 year old granny getting the full TSA agent treatment for example.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
When this popped up again I did a lot of research into police brutality particularly against blacks and found it not to be anything close to an epidemic. LE should always be striving to get better and eradicate bad cops, but there are much worse plights than police brutality and using that as the example of black lives not mattering isn’t going to get much traction with regular folk. It plays well on cable news sure, but that’s probably a sure fire sign that your approach is divisive. What I did find is that aggression against the police has been on the rise and because of that I think the police reforms being discussed should center around de-escalation training. I also think groups like BLM should be pushing compliance with police during interaction and if you think you got a raw deal notify them afterwards.

As to police profiling, is that a problem? I don’t know. Probably so. As a minority I can certainly tell when profiling is happening and when it’s not. But sometimes profiling is common sense. Like with airport security. Probably doesn’t make sense to have the 80 year old granny getting the full TSA agent treatment for example.
So your conclusion based upon your research is that police brutality is not a problem for african americans? Would you mind sharing what data you reviewed to come to this conclusion?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I really wish Mike Gundy would have had the forsight to be on the front of this matter. Coach Gundy addressed it in his response. But Nick Saban embraced the position. I do have questions about the organization; but have zero qualms with saying the phrase Black Lives Matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu2LOSGbNpg
Nick saban and mike gundy should never be used in the same paragraph after today lol. The only things they have in common are they both are coaches and they are white.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

So you are pro life? Welcome! :)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Nick saban and mike gundy should never be used in the same paragraph after today lol. The only things they have in common are they both are coaches and they are white.
And the best coaches in the history of their schools...but that means nothing...I guess in the day and age of agree with me or I'm outraged.

Mar 11, 2006
So your conclusion based upon your research is that police brutality is not a problem for african americans? Would you mind sharing what data you reviewed to come to this conclusion?
Do you think police killing of black Americans is an epidemic? Do you believe black Americans should be afraid to jog?

Honest question, if you were black would you be more afraid to: 1) jog in a mostly white neighborhood; 2) walk at night in South Chicago; 3) get stopped by the police for speeding?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Do you think police killing of black Americans is an epidemic? Do you believe black Americans should be afraid to jog?

Honest question, if you were black would you be more afraid to: 1) jog in a mostly white neighborhood; 2) walk at night in South Chicago; 3) get stopped by the police for speeding?
Police killing of UNARMED black people is an epidemic. Depends on which mostly white neighborhood. I just bought a rental property in ladera heights california its majority black it is safer and more upscale than many white neighborhoods. The property value is much more than most neighborhoods in oklahoma. When people consistently talk about chicago i can reason that they just repeat what they hear on TV. Some talk about chicago and have never even seen the city. Based upon your reasoning in your hypothetical question. Let me ask do you think terrorism is a problem or epidemic for the US?

Mar 11, 2006
Police killing of UNARMED black people is an epidemic. Depends on which mostly white neighborhood. I just bought a rental property in ladera heights california its majority black it is safer and more upscale than many white neighborhoods. The property value is much more than most neighborhoods in oklahoma. When people consistently talk about chicago i can reason that they just repeat what they hear on TV. Some talk about chicago and have never even seen the city. Based upon your reasoning in your hypothetical question. Let me ask do you think terrorism is a problem or epidemic for the US?
No terrorism is not an epidemic in the US.

So last year between 9 to 14 (depending upon the data you believe) UNARMED black men were killed by police. That number is about 1/2 of the number of UNARMED white people killed by police. I dont at all dispute that any number of deaths is a tragedy. But is 1/month an epidemic?
I only listed south Chicago, but that city alone is about 40x that.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Police killing of UNARMED black people is an epidemic.
Edumacate me and show me the statistics that an unarmed black man is more likely to be killed by police than an unarmed white man or hispanic. If you're going to put these assertions out there, don't do so like it's common knowledge, be prepared to back it up.

I mean, anyone with half a brain knows what this opportunism regarding turning the George Floyd murder into his sainted martyrdom is all about.

Last edited: