NFL: Change stupid OT rule !!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
The LUCK of a coin flip should not determine the end of a game.

I am neither a NE Pat fan nor a KC Chief fan.

Just not right that a team wins a coin flip and drives down for a TD (that ends the OT game)

The other team should have at least a chance to respond.

I actually would love for the NFL to use the same OT rules the NCAA uses.

(I am not going to lose any sleep over it though)

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
The NFL is the worst. Both games ended in controversy. KC vs NO would have made for a great Super Bowl. Even Brees vs Brady would have been interesting. Instead, looks like I will be skiing on Feb 3.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The LUCK of a coin flip should not determine the end of a game.

I am neither a NE Pat fan nor a KC Chief fan.

Just not right that a team wins a coin flip and drives down for a TD (that ends the OT game)

The other team should have at least a chance to respond.

I actually would love for the NFL to use the same OT rules the NCAA uses.

(I am not going to lose any sleep over it though)
Agreed! College rules OT are FAR superior to the NFL rules...not even debateable.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Agreed! College rules OT are FAR superior to the NFL rules...not even debateable.
I personally wouldn't mind seeing a mesh of the two. Opportunity for the 2nd team to respond to a first possession score but doing actual kickoffs instead of essentially placing the ball within FG range.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
totally agree something needs to change with NFL OT rules. At that point, Defenses are gassed, and the likelihood of coinflip winner getting a TD to end the game and win seems considerably higher.