Next Year!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Makes you wonder if that's his decision or the coaches urging him to "try another opportunity"
Robert said the coach that was let go was the one that recruited him. Not sure how much that plays into it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No he's correct as long as he leaves in good standing it doesn't negatively effect APR
yeah entering the transfer portal isn't leaving early it just means he's going to finish out the year and then transfer. Leaving early would be leaving before the end of the school year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2007
Muskogee
Well we've added another solid player to the squad. And because I like to play with rosters and this is an open message board, indulge me while I fiddle around with a few.

It sounds from Chris Harris' perspective he is going to be used primarily as a SG and will be used to start the offense in certain instances if he were on the court with a true PG. I can see him being a backup PG next year too depending on how much he develops his ball handling over the summer. With that said, I believe Avery Anderson is also listed as a SG, but I really think we recruited him for the PG position. I expect Anderson to be primarily the backup PG to Ice and if/when he is on the court at the same time as Ice, he would be used as a SG (or vice versa).

Starters
PG: Ice
SG: Watson
SF: Waters
PF: McGriff
C: Anei

Small lineup (shooters)
PG: Anderson
SG: Dziagwa
SF: Watson
PF: Waters
C: McGriff

Give the starters a break
PG: Anderson
SG: Harris
SF: Dziagwa
PF: Key Boone
C: Kalib Boone

Big Lineup
PG: Ice
SG: Keylan Boone
SF: McGriff
PF: Kalib Boone
C: Anei

My personal favorite that I think could score a ton:
PG: Harris (or Anderson - I think he is going to be fun to watch)
SG: Watson
SF: Waters
PF: McGriff
C: Kalib Boone

Some potentially really good lineups in there! Its fun to have options again. Especially options that you know are going to be good. Boynton has done an amazing job upgrading the talent level of this team compared to this time last year and I am looking forward to seeing who else we can add to the team.

Last edited:

agec

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 7, 2004
Mulhall
My way to early prediction on how I think the minutes will be divided up next season.
Assumption 1: 10 man rotation will leave Keylan Boone and either Jones or Harris on the bench.
Assumption 2: No foul trouble to limit minutes.
minutes table.jpg

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I like your breakdown, I haven't seen anything on Laurent that would make me believe he will get 24 minutes per game, I also think Harris will get more minutes than Jones, Dizzy won't average 20 minutes unless he makes some big improvement on his game. Hopefully the roster stays put all season and we do big things.

Nov 6, 2010
I like your breakdown, I haven't seen anything on Laurent that would make me believe he will get 24 minutes per game, I also think Harris will get more minutes than Jones, Dizzy won't average 20 minutes unless he makes some big improvement on his game. Hopefully the roster stays put all season and we do big things.
I was thinking the same thing except Boone getting some of those minutes he had tabbed for Laurent.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
My way to early prediction on how I think the minutes will be divided up next season.
Assumption 1: 10 man rotation will leave Keylan Boone and either Jones or Harris on the bench.
Assumption 2: No foul trouble to limit minutes.
View attachment 70033
Interesting thoughts. A 10 man rotation with 9 players averaging ten or more minutes seems unlikely once conference play starts. I would expect closer to an 8 man rotation. If they stay out of foul trouble, I suspect Anei to be around 30 min/game; McGriff to be up around 34.

Sep 23, 2010
Waters and McGriff in the low 30s
Anei 25min (foul trouble and fatigue)
Ice mid 20s
Kalib Boone 8-12min
Laurant 10-15min

That's around 135min, leaving 65min up for grabs amongst whichever perimeter players emerge. (Watson, Anderson, Dizzy, Harris, Jones)

Aug 16, 2012
Cannot see Dziagwa getting 20 minutes. Great shooter when he is on, complete liability on both ends when he is off. I see him closer to 8-10 minutes, especially during B12 play when the team has half a season under its belt and newcomers are more settled. Think Waters will take up most of those other minutes and his time at SF will be less to make way for the more athletic, bigger youngsters. Again, looking at a late-season projection, not how the first 10 games will go. Think both Boone kids will see more time.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Waters and McGriff in the low 30s
Anei 25min (foul trouble and fatigue)
Ice mid 20s
Kalib Boone 8-12min
Laurant 10-15min

That's around 135min, leaving 65min up for grabs amongst whichever perimeter players emerge. (Watson, Anderson, Dizzy, Harris, Jones)
I see both Harris and for sure Watson as better prospects than Laurant even with his experience, could be completely off here. Both of those guys have the build to be contributors early really depends on how they develop as the season rolls on. Just my $0.02.