NEW YORK TO SPEND MILLIONS PUTTING DREAMERS THROUGH COLLEGE

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Can you not grasp the fact that these aren't children we're talking about? Military service gives them citizenship by the way.
They were when they entered the country.

Also you can't enter military service if you are undocumented. Milotary service justifiably grants an expedited path to citizenship but without a dreamer program these people have no way to pursue this option.

Jul 20, 2018
if you have no answer to my questions just say you can’t answer them. You keep repeating that they had their chance. Yet, you can’t even say what that chance was.
I gave a real example of one who became a citizen. You gave nothing to disprove that fact.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I gave a real example of one who became a citizen. You gave nothing to disprove that fact.
Oh, you said “an example” so now we are supposed to believe it and trust your knowledge on all the others.

Just give a link to the program he went through to go from dreamer to citizen. Show the time frame you are talking about when you say the others missed their chance.

Jul 20, 2018
Oh, you said “an example” so now we are supposed to believe it and trust your knowledge on all the others.

Just give a link to the program he went through to go from dreamer to citizen. Show the time frame you are talking about when you say the others missed their chance.
So, if you don't trust what I'm posting, why are you bothering to take time to respond? Do you often give of your time to a known "liar"?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So, if you don't trust what I'm posting, why are you bothering to take time to respond? Do you often give of your time to a known "liar"?
Well, I have read that there is no path to citizenship for the vast majority if not all of them. I think you are writing what you want it to be so you can blame them.

Jul 20, 2018

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
https://www.immigrationdirect.com/immigration-reform/dream-act-2013.jsp

A quick google search found this and several examples of "Dreamers" who have become citizens. But, of course, I'm just making up stuff. I am a known "liar".
You do realize that you just referred me to a bill that was sponsored by Chuck Schumer and passed in the Senate but was voted down by Republicans in the house.

That is a bill. A bill you would have not supported. It certainly isn't our law. If that is all you've got from your google time, yea, you are making stuff up.

Maybe this will help:
Catalina Morales is a Dreamer who came to the U.S. when she was 2 years old. Here’s how she responded when asked if she’s ever thought about becoming a U.S. citizen:

“Almost always, but there’s no way for me to become a U.S. citizen,” Morales said.

Almost all Dreamers do not have a close family member who is U.S. citizen or who has permanent legal status, making it almost impossible to obtain a green card.

“A lot of people have this misunderstanding that Dreamers were given citizenship or they’re shirking their responsibilities by not becoming citizens,” Keller said. “They can’t do it. You have to follow the existing law.”

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/05/gq-dreamers-citizenship/

Jul 20, 2018
You do realize that you just referred me to a bill that was sponsored by Chuck Schumer and passed in the Senate but was voted down by Republicans in the house.

That is a bill. A bill you would have not supported. It certainly isn't our law. If that is all you've got from your google time, yea, you are making stuff up.

Maybe this will help:
Catalina Morales is a Dreamer who came to the U.S. when she was 2 years old. Here’s how she responded when asked if she’s ever thought about becoming a U.S. citizen:

“Almost always, but there’s no way for me to become a U.S. citizen,” Morales said.

Almost all Dreamers do not have a close family member who is U.S. citizen or who has permanent legal status, making it almost impossible to obtain a green card.

“A lot of people have this misunderstanding that Dreamers were given citizenship or they’re shirking their responsibilities by not becoming citizens,” Keller said. “They can’t do it. You have to follow the existing law.”

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/05/gq-dreamers-citizenship/
Nope. Sorry. That's not the link I provided.