New OC thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
So basically the deal isn't finalized yet. It's my belief that what was reported is actually true that Brodie Reeder will be brought in as QB coach/Passing game coordinator. Josh Henson will become OC/O line coach and Kasey Dunn will receive a raise. I think the intent is to grow Henson into the Head Coach eventually and this is the next logical step.

Oct 6, 2012
Give me some details on when our offense was a "disaster" with Gundy calling the plays.
2009. This was the last year of Gundy calling plays. We finished the season scoring 0 against uo and 7 against Ole Miss. We only eclipsed 40 two times that season and that was against Rice and Grambling State. Those two games helped raise our scoring average for the season to 28. If not for those two games we would have averaged 24 points/game. It was speculated that the administration forced Gundy to make the Holgerson hire following the season, but I have no inside info on such speculation. The offense was good enough to ensure we only had four losses but overall, compared to our offense since this season, it would be considered a disaster.

osudrew1

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2008
Stillwater, OK
2009. This was the last year of Gundy calling plays. We finished the season scoring 0 against uo and 7 against Ole Miss. We only eclipsed 40 two times that season and that was against Rice and Grambling State. Those two games helped raise our scoring average for the season to 28. If not for those two games we would have averaged 24 points/game. It was speculated that the administration forced Gundy to make the Holgerson hire following the season, but I have no inside info on such speculation. The offense was good enough to ensure we only had four losses but overall, compared to our offense since this season, it would be considered a disaster.
Also of note in 2009... Dez Bryant was injured and then suspended before big 12 play, so that hurts a bit. In the games you mentioned, Zac Robinson's right arm was held on by basically skin, so that contributed a lot to the downturn in those 2 games. If you remove the two 40 point games, as well as the last two games where the QB was injured, they averaged 29ish/game. The only real stinker that year (aside from the 2 already mentioned) offensively was against Texas - 14 points. And the team finished 2nd in a very stout Big 12 south division.

Aug 7, 2006
Monken struck out on the NFL HC jobs(unless the Bengals hire him), but apparently did such a good job in the interviews that I can't see him coming back to college. He's interviewing with the Jags and Browns(and probably more in the future) for their OC jobs. If he puts together another good year, he'll be a hot commodity for NFL HC jobs next year.

Nov 14, 2010
So basically the deal isn't finalized yet. It's my belief that what was reported is actually true that Brodie Reeder will be brought in as QB coach/Passing game coordinator. Josh Henson will become OC/O line coach and Kasey Dunn will receive a raise. I think the intent is to grow Henson into the Head Coach eventually and this is the next logical step.
This is a great situation if this is what happens.

We keep our best recruiters in Dunn and Henson and we get a good young coach with Reeder.

Also, Henson will stand on his own 2 feet as an OC with run scheme.

We'll have a mix of Les Miles zone, power and counter scheme with Gundys RPO, deep ball air raid pass scheme.

This is a great scenario for OSU if it happens.

Henson will flourish as OC at OSU under Gundy.