New Jumbotron in BPS

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
This would actually be really cool when not in use.
Doesn't sound very efficient to me.
Not like when the stadium is closed but like when there is nothing going on like pre-game. Then it leads into it changing to like the pregame hype video. A la the homecoming bash when smart was here when the court changed.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I am a little concerned about how it impacts the field of vision for the players.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree 100%. What views are getting blocked out by the screen from inside GIA? Wish they could put it on top of GIA and leave the beautiful architecture of GIA in full view.
On top of GIA would look like a giant billboard.
And also be a big hazard as with straight line winds and such, it probably wouldn't last long. As for blocked views. I would say mainly offices. Suites are going to be above it and the concourse in gia has Windows in the corners that show BPS and those look to be on the sides of the screen.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
I know I'm recycling my old stuff but this is what it reminds me of. My mock up of what it will look like when completed:

We just need a giant set of rabbit ears on top of GIA. View attachment 60524
We were just looking at some old camcorder videos a week ago and saw something like this in our DEN!!!!! Unfortunately, I remember it all too well. Thought we were really styin' back in those days!!

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Are there other stadiums where they have anything near this size at the base of the horseshoe? I can't think of any. That means it's significantly closer to the field of play and the crowd than anywhere else, where it is pushed back behind rows of seating. It is going to seem massive and I think it will add some significant homefield advantage, especially if our team learns to use it to their advantage if they are showing real-time action.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Are there other stadiums where they have anything near this size at the base of the horseshoe? I can't think of any. That means it's significantly closer to the field of play and the crowd than anywhere else, where it is pushed back behind rows of seating. It is going to seem massive and I think it will add some significant homefield advantage, especially if our team learns to use it to their advantage if they are showing real-time action.
Agreed! It will be unique.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I assume they will have the All State net for EPs and FGoals. If a kick goes wide and hits the board, what might the damage, if any, be?

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I remember the lights exploding, but don't remember the scoreboard. I thought most of the scoreboards in that era were manual with a person inside changing everything.