New Jumbotron in BPS

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
Wow, 6,600 square feet is massive. Anyone smarter than I am out there able to do a photoshop projection of what that will look like against GIA?

Downside is I hate that it would likely cover the windows of Gallagher. Love being able to look out on BPS while strolling through the concourse of GIA.

Found this article with pictures of the biggest scoreboards in college football.
https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gallery/college-football-s-biggest-video-boards-081215

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2008
According to the article, the current boards are 945 square feet.
Assuming they are square, thats approx 31 feet wide x 31 feet high

new board of 110' wide is approx 3.5 times as wide, and 60' high is approx twice as high.

Quick "photoshop" of what it could look like.

1524059918292.png

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
According to the article, the current boards are 945 square feet.
Assuming they are square, thats approx 31 feet wide x 31 feet high

new board of 110' wide is approx 3.5 times as wide, and 60' high is approx twice as high.

Quick "photoshop" of what it could look like.

View attachment 60463
I know you aren't shooting for exact, but it will definitely be quite a bit lower as to not block the suites view.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
According to that article, that will make it the 6th largest jumbtron in the country. And smaller than OU's, which I kind of like. Leave the d**k measuring insecurity to those losers down in College Station.

A few observations:

1. Thank heavens the new jumbotron will displace the existing scoreboard and force it to be addressed. Hopefully something more fitting for P5 program is planned along with the new ‘tron instead of relocating the old one. It is pitiful.
2. How cool will it be for icing opposing kickers kicking towards the east goalpost? A nice closeup head shot on the screen while they are lining up will be glorious. Black screen for our kickers, of course.
3. Will it cover our 1945 National Champs banner? Please say it ain’t so!! </sarcasm?>

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
A few observations:

1. Thank heavens the new jumbotron will displace the existing scoreboard and force it to be addressed. Hopefully something more fitting for P5 program is planned along with the new ‘tron instead of relocating the old one. It is pitiful.
2. How cool will it be for icing opposing kickers kicking towards the east goalpost? A nice closeup head shot on the screen while they are lining up will be glorious. Black screen for our kickers, of course.
3. Will it cover our 1945 National Champs banner? Please say it ain’t so!! </sarcasm?>
this^