New helmet

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Agreed. I would like to see orange cleats and gloves with this combo just to get my orange fix. Why would they get grey tops and only wear them a couple times? Once a season would even be enough.
I can't remember which player it was (maybe an O-lineman?) but he said they don't wear the gray jerseys anymore so I wouldn't get my hopes up to ever see them again if I were you.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Why would they get grey tops and only wear them a couple times? Once a season would even be enough.
Honestly, probably because gray was the alternate color scheme Nike was trying to shove down everyone's throats there for a few years. Seems like it's now shifted to black. So, it isn't really noticeable in OSU's case since black has always been one of Oklahoma State's primary colors, but just look at all the schools that now have black alternates.

Dec 19, 2012
They don't wear gray due to the inability to read the numbers well. Fans, TV guys, and officials complained, so they stopped wearing them.

Not to mention, many fans think gray is not our color, so they were mad we wore them.

Oh, and Boone didn't like them...

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
www.spokepokes.com
Honestly, probably because gray was the alternate color scheme Nike was trying to shove down everyone's throats there for a few years. Seems like it's now shifted to black. So, it isn't really noticeable in OSU's case since black has always been one of Oklahoma State's primary colors, but just look at all the schools that now have black alternates.
Technically Grey/Silver is a color OSU has used dating back to when we were the Tigers. I would need to search for them but there are pics floating around this messageboard of us in them. I believe it was the Gator bowl waaaaaaaaaay back when.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Technically Grey/Silver is a color OSU has used dating back to when we were the Tigers. I would need to search for them but there are pics floating around this messageboard of us in them. I believe it was the Gator bowl waaaaaaaaaay back when.
Yes, I'm aware, but I was more referencing the "insert-color-here for the sake of wearing insert-color-here" trend that seems to be the popular thing these days.

Could be gray, could be black, could be highlighter green - point is, for a lot of schools, those aren't design choices made on traditional colors.