New evidence tying Hunter Biden business to communist China and Russia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So, he's innocent. Right?
Of course not. It is another admission of guilt. He plead guilty twice already too.

Here is the residing judges quote on that matter.

The judge also said, citing past Supreme Court decisions, that acceptance of a pardon implies an admission of guilt and that while a pardon eliminates any punishment, it "does not, standing alone, render (Mr. Flynn) innocent of the alleged violation."

drbwh

Territorial Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
What a sack of poo!
Rump is talking about trying to use the military to redo the election.
Are you wingnuts going to give the anarchist in the Oval office a pass on treason?
You are the only person in the world that describe trump as an anarchist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Of course not. It is another admission of guilt. He plead guilty twice already too.

Here is the residing judges quote on that matter.

The judge also said, citing past Supreme Court decisions, that acceptance of a pardon implies an admission of guilt and that while a pardon eliminates any punishment, it "does not, standing alone, render (Mr. Flynn) innocent of the alleged violation."
In this country as we were told here on OP you are innocent until proven guilty.

Flynn withdrew his admission of guilt, not unusual according to the AG of the United States.

So, when was he convicted?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You are the only person in the world that describe trump as an anarchist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've called him a lot of things and in some cases it appears they don't even under stand the definition of the term they used.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
In this country as we were told here on OP you are innocent until proven guilty.

Flynn withdrew his admission of guilt, not unusual according to the AG of the United States.

So, when was he convicted?
Not really, he plead guilty and was awaiting sentencing.

The motion to dismiss was rejected and the sentencing was delayed but still in the process. So the pardon was to get him out of that sentencing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...appeals-denies-request-have-his-case-n1238878

And again by law a pardon is an admission of guilt according to the judge. So he is still a felon.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
And again by law a pardon is an admission of guilt according to the judge. So he is still a felon.
How can a pardon be an admission of guilt?

If I pardon you, does that make you guilty?

Please show me that law.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
How can a pardon be an admission of guilt?

If I pardon you, does that make you guilty?

Please show me that law.
I already showed you the judges remarks that state just that. So take it up with a Federal Judge not me. If you need more proof this is the case that the SCOTUS considers a pardon and admission of guilt.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/236/79/

You also may want to look up the difference between a conviction and a guilty plea. The difference is they both go to sentencing. So they both result in you being a felon.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I already showed you the judges remarks that state just that. So take it up with a Federal Judge not me. If you need more proof this is the case that the SCOTUS considers a pardon and admission of guilt.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/236/79/

You also may want to look up the difference between a conviction and a guilty plea. The difference is they both go to sentencing. So they both result in you being a felon.
December 8, 2020, Judge Sullivan dismissed the criminal case against Flynn. If he was convicted it shouldn't be difficult to find a date.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I never said it wasn't. The point is I'm still waiting on a date of conviction. If there is no date of conviction how can you say a person was convicted?
There is no conviction when there is a guilty plea. A conviction and guilty plea are pretty much synonymous. You are either found guilty (convicted) or plead guilty. Then go to sentencing. They were at the sentencing step for Flynn because the attempt to back out the guilty plea and dropping the case both were rejected.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
There is no conviction when there is a guilty plea. A conviction and guilty plea are pretty much synonymous. You are either found guilty (convicted) or plead guilty. Then go to sentencing. They were at the sentencing step for Flynn because the attempt to back out the guilty plea and dropping the case both were rejected.
He would have been convicted if it went to sentencing. Didn't happen.