New Cowboy Baseball Stadium discussion thread: Likes, Dislikes, Ideas, Traditions, etc.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 15, 2006
How about we bottle the spirit from Allie P. during 7th inning stretch of the last game and then transfer ... on second thought, never mind. :unsure:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I like that when the price tag came in at $60 million, Holder did not say "what can we cut", instead he said "we better get busy raising some more money!"

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
How about the old "weeeeep" "wooooop" when the opposing pitcher is warming up and the catcher returns the ball?
never get those GREAT old day of watching back..........i will never forget some of those great games in that yard (the Wichita State's, ORU's, Stanford, Florida, ESPN Monday Night Baseball)
hopefully, the new stadium will get more students back to games, and more people in general when 1500 was a small crowd

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Something to add to the "likes" section. The new video scoreboard. Could put together some pretty awesome pre-game hype videos with our history. I hope they do as nice of a job with it as they do with the football games.

Oh, and on the "needs" list - organ music. Seriously, we need organ music for a real baseball feel.

And re-visiting the ideas for traditions. I know the Ball 5, etc. chant at A&M is really really cool. What about the idea of starting of the "take him out!" "leave him in!" chant anytime we get back to back base hits? Too much? Maybe, but with a packed house, that could seriously get into a pitcher's head quickly. Anyone else have ideas for new chants?
The only thing I would change would have been all covered seating from 1st to 3rd. A live organ would also be a nice touch.
Random "Cool Story Bro"....

My former employer used to have our pianos tuned by the father of the band director at Louisville. At that point in time, his father told me that he was the only live organist in college baseball. I'd guess he probably still is.

He was such a nice guy that I never shared with him my feelings about that super regional in 2007. :D

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
https://mobile.twitter.com/OSUBaseball?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

You can see a more recent update of the stadium construction here, just scroll down a bit to July 6th.
It looks wonderful

Do the seat behind home plate have just netting, no walll, like most new stadiums?

Does anyone know how much Mr. Holder has already raised - how much he does not have to meet his no debt policy?

Like the new "cool zones" for football - baseball seems like an absolute need

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It looks wonderful

Do the seat behind home plate have just netting, no walll, like most new stadiums?

Does anyone know how much Mr. Holder has already raised - how much he does not have to meet his no debt policy?

Like the new "cool zones" for football - baseball seems like an absolute need
My understanding is that the money for the ballpark is 100% raised.

I'm hoping there will be brick behind home plate, I've always thought the net only look was a little goofy looking. But I have no idea what they're planning for the backstop.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Honest question for anyone that has seen what Mississippi state is doing with their stadium renovation. In what way, if any, will our stadium be better? I know ours is being sold as soon to be best in the nation, but after looking at what they’re doing, i just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Honest question for anyone that has seen what Mississippi state is doing with their stadium renovation. In what way, if any, will our stadium be better? I know ours is being sold as soon to be best in the nation, but after looking at what they’re doing, i just don’t know.

I'm certainly not an expert on what Mississippi State's doing with their field, but I have read some articles on it. From what I gather, here's a quick comparison.

MSU's advantages:
1. The left field lounge and lofts area. This looks truly unique to any ballpark in America. Very very cool thing for them.
2. Their video board will be about 500 sq ft larger than ours.
3. Their capacity will be well over 10,000. Which they'll fill regularly. They are, if anything, a baseball school through and through. They have never won a national championship in anything, let that sink in. Baseball is their baby, so it makes perfect sense that they want to gun for the very best baseball facility in the country.
4. They'll have a ribbon board.

Now, here's the thing. I could be wrong, but everything I've read leads me to believe that pretty much all upgrades are geared toward fan experience. I'm not seeing much regarding player amenities.

Here are OSU's advantages:
1. Brand new locker room / clubhouse. That's a big one.
2. Brand new hitting facility with the most up to date technology. That's a big one.
3. Pitching lab with the most up to date technology. That's a big one.
4. The conveniences of the location of everything included in the "training triangle". Big advantage for coaches and players in a practice setting and very unique among baseball facilities to have everything there right next to each other.
5. EVERYTHING IS BRAND SPANKING NEW. MSU's is not going to be 100% brand new.

And, even if MSU's facility turns out to be better, ours will certainly be top 3 in the country. No shame in that for an athletic program like ours that has limited resources compared to the Texases and Michigan's of the world and yet achieves high levels of success across several different sports, not just baseball.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa

I'm certainly not an expert on what Mississippi State's doing with their field, but I have read some articles on it. From what I gather, here's a quick comparison.

MSU's advantages:
1. The left field lounge and lofts area. This looks truly unique to any ballpark in America. Very very cool thing for them.
2. Their video board will be about 500 sq ft larger than ours.
3. Their capacity will be well over 10,000. Which they'll fill regularly. They are, if anything, a baseball school through and through. They have never won a national championship in anything, let that sink in. Baseball is their baby, so it makes perfect sense that they want to gun for the very best baseball facility in the country.
4. They'll have a ribbon board.

Now, here's the thing. I could be wrong, but everything I've read leads me to believe that pretty much all upgrades are geared toward fan experience. I'm not seeing much regarding player amenities.

Here are OSU's advantages:
1. Brand new locker room / clubhouse. That's a big one.
2. Brand new hitting facility with the most up to date technology. That's a big one.
3. Pitching lab with the most up to date technology. That's a big one.
4. The conveniences of the location of everything included in the "training triangle". Big advantage for coaches and players in a practice setting and very unique among baseball facilities to have everything there right next to each other.
5. EVERYTHING IS BRAND SPANKING NEW. MSU's is not going to be 100% brand new.

And, even if MSU's facility turns out to be better, ours will certainly be top 3 in the country. No shame in that for an athletic program like ours that has limited resources compared to the Texases and Michigan's of the world and yet achieves high levels of success across several different sports, not just baseball.
Thanks for the informative and well thought out response. I guess, like you said, even if our stadium ends up top 3, or even top 5 or is 10, it’s a huge step forward!