New coaches thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Wow...take a weekend hiatus from OP and look at what you miss.

Who knew Josh Henson was the cog that made the machine go. Thankfully, Gundy went to his toolbox and found another one. All is well.

That said...IMO, Dunn is more important coach to retain based purely off results. Hopefully he stays.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Who knew Josh Henson was the cog that made the machine go. Thankfully, Gundy went to his toolbox and found another one. All is well.

That said...IMO, Dunn is more important coach to retain based purely off results. Hopefully he stays.
Yeah. We never had great receivers until Dunn showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
You just don't get extenuating circumstances such as frickin race riots, sit ins and having to beg a team to show up to play a game do you champ?
I think 2014 is much more telling than 2015 anyway. That was the year we played Daxx Garman for the majority of the year, Henson was in his 2nd season as OC at Mizzou. We averaged MORE yards per game and about 0.2 pts/game less than Mizzou did under Henson. And that wasn't even his worst season as OC! Our worst offensive output in the last decade was good for the Henson's 2nd best season as an OC. Extenuating circumstances? More like he just wasn't very good in the first place.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
I find it funny all the chicken littles on this thread completely dissapeared after the Dickey hire. Awesome hire. We definitely upgraded.
For sure it was, but I understand some of the panic given the recent history of OL hires/failures before Henson. But it's the same old song and dance for a lot of the yay-hoos in here. Anytime they can bash Gundy, it's a free shot.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Gunter brewer did a pretty dad gum good job
Brewer brought us Adarius Bowman.

Moving forward, he & the illustrious Trooper Taylor were given Co-OC positions in '08.

This was the season that OSU went to #2 Mizzou & beat them there, while Gundy sat on an equipment chest & drew up the plays.

Brewer was fine, he moved on to UNC with Fedora & is now with the Eagles as a WR coach. Nice guy, but had his dad's name & still never moved up further in CFB.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Hope Dunn stays. But if.........

I think Doug Meacham is still unemployed . Not sure he wanted to be the WR coach as passing game coordinator with all the cash while being compensate after being fired as the OC at Kansas?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
We might have traded close to even, but we didnt improve
Is this based on your years of being in the coaching ranks? Actually, if you listen to Gundy, he finally got his first choice for O-line coach. Interesting, that he would admit that after Henson left for more money.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Hope Dunn stays. But if.........

I think Doug Meacham is still unemployed . Not sure he wanted to be the WR coach as passing game coordinator with all the cash while being compensate after being fired as the OC at Kansas?
Might be a reason Meacham is "still unemployed"..,

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We might have traded close to even, but we didnt improve
I’m sure you’ve seen the stats where Dickey has been the second best in conference in getting offensive linemen into the NFL in the last six years. How can you say that we didn’t improve?
Because in his mind, we’ll never improve until Gundy is replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I've heard that when the new coaches get announced in a press conference (before spring game?) that we should expect Dunn to be announced with a new job title and a raise.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk