NCAAW...Cowgirls In!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Here's more info...

Oklahoma State earned a No. 9 seed in the Kansas City region and will travel to Starkville, Mississippi to face No. 8 Syracuse in a 2:30 p.m. game on Saturday, which also will be shown on ESPN2.

If the Cowgirls get past their opening opponent, they would likely pair up against No. 1 seed Mississippi State. The host school has a first-round matchup against No. 16 Nicholls.

OSU lost at Mississippi State 79-76 on Dec. 3.

“That was the ultimate goal, always,” said Loryn Goodwin, a graduate transfer from UTSA. “For every team I played for the goal was to get to the NCAA Tournament. But I think to finally do that my senior year makes it even more sweet.

“It’s really a priceless moment to see your name pop up on ESPN and see your team is going to make the NCAA Tournament.”

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Reminder: Oklahoma State women play 8 p.m. tonight on ESPN2 (alas, not the same channel as the men --- which is 6 p.m. on ESPNU).

Here's a preview...

Mississippi State narrowly beat Oklahoma State 79-76 in Starkville back in December. It was the smallest margin of victory for the Bulldogs during their 32-game winning streak to start the season.

Mississippi State (33-1) draws some of the biggest crowds in the nation and more than 10,000 are expected at Humphrey Coliseum for Monday’s game.

But Oklahoma State (21-10) didn’t seem to mind the hostile environment back in December and now gets another opportunity for the big upset.

“We know their program is built on defense and Vic always has his teams ready,” Oklahoma State coach Jim Littell said. “But you never know. I told our kids I know they’ve got a great team. You don’t win the SEC and (33) games without being incredible as a team, having good players and being really well coached.
Also, here's a recap of OSU's first round win.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Mississippi State earns hard-fought 71-56 win over Oklahoma State in second round of NCAA women's tournament

STARKVILLE, Miss. — The Morgan William of March has arrived. That makes Mississippi State a pretty tough basketball team during the season's most important stretch.

William scored 17 points — hitting several clutch shots and playing lockdown perimeter defense — to help lead top-seed Mississippi State over Oklahoma State 71-56 in the second-round of the NCAA Tournament on Monday night.

"I thought Morgan dictated the whole game," Mississippi State coach Vic Schaefer said. "She controlled the pace. She ran when we wanted to run and she kept them from running."