NCAA Mens Golf Regionals

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I'm wondering about the finals at KC. What were the crowds like the last time OSU hosted? Would I be able to see much or lost in a crowd of thousands? I watched the regionals in 2011 here and the crowds were small enough to walk with any foursome. Would it be worth my trip? Sentence me to eternal damnation if this post jinxes them from qualifying.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I'm wondering about the finals at KC. What were the crowds like the last time OSU hosted? Would I be able to see much or lost in a crowd of thousands? I watched the regionals in 2011 here and the crowds were small enough to walk with any foursome. Would it be worth my trip? Sentence me to eternal damnation if this post jinxes them from qualifying.
NCAAs were fun at KC because they let the fans walk on the course behind the golfers. They had two volunteers with a rope and you just had to stay behind them. I hope they are going to do that again. I cant remember if that was every round or just when they got to match play. KC was not designed to have large crowds but they are doing some things this year to improve that. They have added some stands to 18 (and i think other holes) like below.
https://twitter.com/OKStateKD/status/995357697842274304

Oct 13, 2005
Newton, KS
Do they have our team total correct on golf stat? Looks like we have 3 guys at -1, one guy at even and one guy at +1, but they have us at -3 for the team.
The score is correct. Lowest four scores on the team are used for official scoring... can be different guys within the round and also from round to round.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
NCAAs were fun at KC because they let the fans walk on the course behind the golfers. They had two volunteers with a rope and you just had to stay behind them. I hope they are going to do that again. I cant remember if that was every round or just when they got to match play. KC was not designed to have large crowds but they are doing some things this year to improve that. They have added some stands to 18 (and i think other holes) like below.
https://twitter.com/OKStateKD/status/995357697842274304
Many thanks. I am 73 and the trip gives me a chance to visit my sister (87) in Tulsa as well as seeing a special event on OSU home turf. Think I'll load up the 02 Tundra and boogie. Any suggestions of where to bass fish late May in OK? Would want a guide/boat.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Many thanks. I am 73 and the trip gives me a chance to visit my sister (87) in Tulsa as well as seeing a special event on OSU home turf. Think I'll load up the 02 Tundra and boogie. Any suggestions of where to bass fish late May in OK? Would want a guide/boat.
Grand lake

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I've fished there several times, once with the late Ivan Martin and a few more with Everett Eaton, former OSU Police Chief. Last two trips with Everett were disappointing, but both were November. May has been better there.
They will have the best guides around