NCAA Men's Golf Championships at Karsten Creek

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Northwestern set the course record for a team at -8. Alabama just broke it at -9. I bet they mow the greens short for tomorrow.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Because "we" fought for this change.

Holder fought for it. NCAA did it. The NCAA could have done just a tiny bit of thinking and decided to provide a handful of tournaments throughout the year that provide the same format so that teams can put themselves into the position to experience the format beforehand.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Holder fought for it. NCAA did it. The NCAA could have done just a tiny bit of thinking and decided to provide a handful of tournaments throughout the year that provide the same format so that teams can put themselves into the position to experience the format beforehand.
I don't disagree with your sentiment, but there's no good reason a couple of schools couldn't put together match play tournaments. Eight teams, single elimination, with consolation rounds guarantees every team 3 matches; 16 teams gives everyone 4 matches. I really can't believe the top contenders/conferences don't do this to prepare for the NC tournament.

BTW, I love match play - it's just not a good way to determine the National Champs.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I don't disagree with your sentiment, but there's no good reason a couple of schools couldn't put together match play tournaments. Eight teams, single elimination, with consolation rounds guarantees every team 3 matches; 16 teams gives everyone 4 matches. I really can't believe the top contenders/conferences don't do this to prepare for the NC tournament.

BTW, I love match play - it's just not a good way to determine the National Champs.
Completely agree. None of it makes any sense at all. And everyone has had a few years now to figure something out.