NCAA Men's Golf Championships at Karsten Creek

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
They dont start till Friday but good article on Coach Bratton

https://twitter.com/FairwayFairholm/status/998529510390861826

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Tons of coverage leading up to today's start to the men's championship...

“I just think that Oklahoma State is by far the best team in the country,” Golf Channel analyst Notah Begay said last week. “I don’t think there is any doubt in any one coach’s mind. Maybe that’s not what they tell their players, but based on sheer performance, number of wins, quality of players 1-5, they go much deeper than that.

“But then you have Oklahoma a couple points back in the rankings and winner of five tournaments this year. So wouldn’t it be great to see the two of them in the finals?”

Twenty-eight other teams also are competing at Karsten Creek, but given the location of the championship and the success of the two programs, anything but a Sooners-Cowboys meeting on the final day will likely be a disappointment.

“I think that would be fantastic,” OSU coach Alan Bratton said. “I don’t think either one of us would complain. … We both have had nice years to date, but golf, you’ve got to bring it every single day.

“We’ll be focused on the first tee ball tomorrow and playing as good as we can, and hopefully we’re fortunate enough for that to happen. But we’re focused on trying to win a championship no matter who the opponent.”
Link

Schedule of Friday tee times here.

From Kelly Hines' notebook...

Fowler documentary spotlights OSU, OU

Because of “Driven,” a four-part documentary series produced by Rickie Fowler that focuses on the Cowboy golf program and the Bedlam rivalry, members of both the OSU and OU teams have gotten used to seeing themselves on TV.

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool to see yourself on TV, although not fun when you say dumb stuff,” OSU golfer Viktor Hovland said. “It’s kind of awkward, but I’m sure if we keep playing good golf, that’s kind of how it’s going to be like. It’s good to kind of try and get used to it while you’re in college as an amateur, and it doesn’t feel as big when you turn pro.”
Link

Five players to watch, including OSU's Matthew Wolff here.

Get to know all 30 participating schools here.

Complete weekend schedule here.

Nov 19, 2013
Wow, so the first 3 teams to hit the 10th hole (ASU, Stanford, & Arkansas) played that hole +21. 6 of the 15 golfers doubled or worse.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Wow, so the first 3 teams to hit the 10th hole (ASU, Stanford, & Arkansas) played that hole +21. 6 of the 15 golfers doubled or worse.
Two quads already!!. I thought the rain would make the greens softer but i guess you have to get to the green for that to help.