NCAA Men's Golf Championship

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I used to live on the 11th hole on this course. It’s a long par 4 that goes straight up a hill. If they mow the grass short and your approach shot comes up even 1 yard short of the green, you might be hitting a 7 or 8 iron back up the hill for your third.

They can make this course as hard as they want. It’s kind of ridiculous for the everyday golfer like me. But I bet these guys enjoy the challenge. When I was last a member here 8 years ago, the head pro was a guy named Tom Jones that moved from Karsten to The Blessings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
It does but at that point all of the teams are good and it kinda becomes a coin toss.

Still love our team's chances this year.
A$M was the #2 ranked team last year but finished 8th in stroke play and drew the Pokes first round of match play. Coincidentally, they gave the Pokes the toughest test in match play.

Aug 16, 2012
Surprisingly, it is Eckroat currently one off the lead with Wolff two strokes behind. Zach and Viktor five off the lead at even par.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
www.prgsales.com
A$M was the #2 ranked team last year but finished 8th in stroke play and drew the Pokes first round of match play. Coincidentally, they gave the Pokes the toughest test in match play.
I still don’t like the current format...stroke play followed by match play. But I get that match play creates more drama for TV. They should at least reseed the top 8 teams based upon overall season performance.

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Same setup currently happening. The final rankings of the current 1-10 teams.

3. Wake Forest

So drawing that one seed might very well land you the toughest matchup. Granted the way these guys are playing this course and the fact that they have a 20 stroke lead after two days gives some comfort. :D