NCAA Athletics Post-COVID

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/e4f...a6d7f731b631/texas-tech-to-cut-7-million.html

"Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt says the school will cut nearly $7 million from the athletic budget in the upcoming school year, including eliminating performance bonuses for himself and Red Raiders coaches. The cuts are needed because of the economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic, and deeper cuts may be needed if college football can't play a full season, Hocutt told A-J Media in Lubbock, Texas. Hocutt did not say the school was cutting any jobs or sports."

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Moving goalpost are political...and that element of this needs to die and now.
Which political side is it that you think is moving the goalposts? Trump? Republicans? Democrats? MSM? Deep State? State and local governments? Are they all in league together? I mean, the MSM and Trump don't seem like they like each other very much, but it's possible that they're working together.

Don't you think it's possible that we keep learning new things about the pandemic?

" this needs to die and now."

Fearmonger.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Which political side is it that you think is moving the goalposts? Trump? Republicans? Democrats? MSM? Deep State? State and local governments? Are they all in league together? I mean, the MSM and Trump don't seem like they like each other very much, but it's possible that they're working together.

Don't you think it's possible that we keep learning new things about the pandemic?

" this needs to die and now."

Fearmonger.
It does need to die now...you are in disagreement with that?

Certainly we are learning things every day...that's why we need to open up safely.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Who do you think is in league with each other in moving the goalposts? Who's in on the conspiracy?
We moved the goalpost when we beat ou in 2011...was a site to see...politicians of both parties move the goalpost to fit their agenda...
So do you want lock downs to end or not?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
We moved the goalpost when we beat ou in 2011...was a site to see...politicians of both parties move the goalpost to fit their agenda...
So do you want lock downs to end or not?
You're dodging the question. Do you think Trump is in league with the Democrats and they are moving the goalposts to fit their mutual agenda? Also in league with the MSM and the Deep State?

To answer your question directly, yes I want an end to the lock downs. I want the economy to open up again. I want to still have a job in September. But I also see people saying "I'm not gonna wear a mask because muh raghts!" which is just plain stupid.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You're dodging the question. Do you think Trump is in league with the Democrats and they are moving the goalposts to fit their mutual agenda? Also in league with the MSM and the Deep State?

To answer your question directly, yes I want an end to the lock downs. I want the economy to open up again. I want to still have a job in September. But I also see people saying "I'm not gonna wear a mask because muh raghts!" which is just plain stupid.
I agree with your second paragraph...honestly I'd have to look back and see what goalpost post you are referring too...presently I'm in my half bath with the dog and wife because of the South Tulsa Tornado warning...

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I agree with your second paragraph...honestly I'd have to look back and see what goalpost post you are referring too...presently I'm in my half bath with the dog and wife because of the South Tulsa Tornado warning...
Moving goalpost are political...and that element of this needs to die and now.
I get it, you don't want to answer the question. I wouldn't want to answer it either because it's crazy. Trump, Dems, Reps, Deep State, MSM, local and state governments, are not all in league with each other somehow to keep moving the goalposts on reopening.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thermal-imaging-cameras-coronavirus/

Thermal imaging cameras are the latest devices businesses hope will help reopen the economy while keeping people safe from the threat of COVID-19. The cameras are used to scan temperature from a safe distance, and if a fever — a common coronavirus symptom — is detected, the company could require further screening or deny the person entry altogether.

"What we're seeing is there will be a new normal that will involve thermal screening as a frontline tool," Chris Bainter, director of global business development at FLIR Systems, told CBS News' Jericka Duncan. FLIR has been producing thermal imaging cameras since the SARS epidemic in 2003, when it gained widespread use in Asia.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I get it, you don't want to answer the question. I wouldn't want to answer it either because it's crazy. Trump, Dems, Reps, Deep State, MSM, local and state governments, are not all in league with each other somehow to keep moving the goalposts on reopening.
I agree we have competing people making their own goal post...each state has a governor and each one is acting in, what they believe, is their states best interest...those guys often will move the goal post based on their political perceptions. So yeah, they do move them...and yeah it's not a conspiracy.

Last edited: