Mueller Speaks

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 22, 2011
"Mueller: 'If we had confidence that the president had clearly not committed a crime we would have said so'"

Innocent until not proven un-innocent

Jul 20, 2018
Either he decided not to do his job or he wanted to throw another iron in the impeachment fire. He could have made a determination on whether or not obstruction charges against Trump were warranted and then the Trump administration would have invoked constitutional protections. He chose not to do so. He got paid a lot of money to tell us what we all knew already-the Russians tried to impact the election. It's all a shyteshow.

Jul 20, 2018
Mueller knew there was not any collusion...and he withheld the information so HE INTERFERED WITH OUR ELECTIONS in 2018. Mueller is no better than the Russians.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Mueller said that he wanted to investigate while the information and witness information was fresh, to determine if Trump or any "co-conspirators" had committed any wrong doing, because while he could not indite Trump, he could charge co-conspirators".

He could find no wrong doing by Trump or by any co-conspirators. If he had, then he would have brought charges.

No need to twist anything that he said - There was no there there; the head FBI investigator already told us that.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Mueller knew there was not any collusion...and he withheld the information so HE INTERFERED WITH OUR ELECTIONS in 2018. Mueller is no better than the Russians.
not only that but he also knew that the whole pretense of the "investigation" was false (the "dossier"), but he "investigated anyway knowingly and now admittedly understanding that he could not do anything about it even it it were true (which he knew it wasn't, from there is no there there).

He conducted a fake investigation knowing he could not take any action even it it were true.

It was a total fraud (Democratic soft coop) perpetrated against the American People from the get-go.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
not only that but he also knew that the whole pretense of the "investigation" was false (the "dossier"), but he "investigated anyway knowingly and now admittedly understanding that he could not do anything about it even it it were true (which he knew it wasn't, from there is no there there).

He conducted a fake investigation knowing he could not take any action even it it were true.

It was a total fraud (Democratic soft coop) perpetrated against the American People from the get-go.
I'd add that he also knew that if you catch a Flynn or Manafort coincidentally, the public at large would assume it had something to do with the supposed issue being investigated. I know plenty of people that just simply say "well, the fact that they convicted those other guys means there's obviously something there", yet they have no clue what any of the convictions/pleas were about.

Nov 6, 2010
I'd add that he also knew that if you catch a Flynn or Manafort coincidentally, the public at large would assume it had something to do with the supposed issue being investigated. I know plenty of people that just simply say "well, the fact that they convicted those other guys means there's obviously something there", yet they have no clue what any of the convictions/pleas were about.
Another way to look at it, and I believe more to the truth, is that given Trump's complete lack of political background, his team made some really bad hiring choices. However, once he or those around him realized who Manafort, and to a lesser extent Flynn were, they were pretty quick to fire them to their credit. There is little doubt the Russians were putting forth a lot of effort to make inroads into the Trump administration, and to get him elected. The Mueller investigation was good for America in that it rooted out a lot of that and eliminated or at least outed some bad and/or stupid actors. It is unfortunate that Trump is so insecure he couldn't let it play out without hyper-politicizing it. As they say, the cover-up is almost always worse than the actual crime, and in this case, no crime at all. Trump made it all about him, and the dems were all too happy to play into that as well.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Another way to look at it, and I believe more to the truth, is that given Trump's complete lack of political background, his team made some really bad hiring choices. However, once he or those around him realized who Manafort, and to a lesser extent Flynn were, they were pretty quick to fire them to their credit. There is little doubt the Russians were putting forth a lot of effort to make inroads into the Trump administration, and to get him elected. The Mueller investigation was good for America in that it rooted out a lot of that and eliminated or at least outed some bad and/or stupid actors. It is unfortunate that Trump is so insecure he couldn't let it play out without hyper-politicizing it. As they say, the cover-up is almost always worse than the actual crime, and in this case, no crime at all. Trump made it all about him, and the dems were all too happy to play into that as well.
While I cringe at a lot of what Trump tweets & says, to lay the politicization of something that was clearly political at his feet only is missing half of the equation here.

If it were you, would you take it just lying down? Would you just ignore the texts between the FBI agents/lovers whose intentions were made clear in their own words?

As for the investigation rooting out anything, like Manafort's crimes while working for Obama, I can partially agree that it somewhat lifted the veil on just how many people are career operatives in the Beltway, regardless of administration.

If you're someone concerned about a political opponent being able to pay for a dossier, pass it off to intelligence, & the intelligence community infiltrate the opponent's campaign, & conduct a limitless investigation, there's still a few things to be rooted out.

At the end of the day, this whole situation (including Mueller's limited remarks) leave both sides with enough meat on the bone to feel like they're on the right side of this, & so it goes.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It is unfortunate that Trump is so insecure he couldn't let it play out without hyper-politicizing it.
Seriously? I mean sure Trump could have handled it better but have you listened to anything the media and Dems in DC have said over the past 2 years? And you think Trump is the one who politicized it? Man, that's just...wow, I don't know what to say to that. Just wow.