Mueller reportedly told Trump's lawyers the president is not a criminal target at this point

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Correct collusion isn’t a crime, so when conspiracy is thrown at the defendants, don’t be surprised. ;)
As has been stated multiple times, inventing crimes. So when conspiracy runs out, what's the next one?

Do you find it odd that a guy with no political connections (other than bad ones because none of them like him) can pull off all of these political crimes and then hide them so effectively?

We are investigating the wrong people!

Recall that Obama told us he didn't know about Hillary using her private email for government business. Well, that was until it was learned that Obama was answering and replying to her homebrew email..... Why would Obama lie about that?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Dude. 13 Russians and 3 Russian companies were indicted just a few weeks ago. You're literally just spouting nonsense right now.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/us/politics/russians-indicted-mueller-election-interference.html
Yep, for doing the same thing Sidney Blumenthal and another former official from Bill Clinton's administration did. Both were secretly lobbying the secretary of state on behalf of a billionaire in the former Soviet state of Georgia who was seeking closer ties with Putin's Russia." Lobbying the U.S. government on behalf of a foreign state or individual is covered by the Foreign Agent Registration Act, known more commonly as FARA, which requires anyone so acting to register. Gawker searched the FARA database, as did I, and Blumenthal is not listed. Gawker consulted four attorneys with expertise in FARA law, and three "said in no uncertain terms that Blumenthal and [former Clinton administration official John] Kornblum both should have registered before lobbying Clinton." Whether Justice Department lawyers will share that view remains to be seen.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...-clinton-and-sidney-blumenthals-email-problem

Muellar has spent millions of US Tax payer dollars and has nothing to show for it. So what does he do? Indict foreign agents who he can't reach and who will never step foot on American soil again.

Oct 7, 2008
Yep, for doing the same thing Sidney Blumenthal and another former official from Bill Clinton's administration did. Both were secretly lobbying the secretary of state on behalf of a billionaire in the former Soviet state of Georgia who was seeking closer ties with Putin's Russia." Lobbying the U.S. government on behalf of a foreign state or individual is covered by the Foreign Agent Registration Act, known more commonly as FARA, which requires anyone so acting to register. Gawker searched the FARA database, as did I, and Blumenthal is not listed. Gawker consulted four attorneys with expertise in FARA law, and three "said in no uncertain terms that Blumenthal and [former Clinton administration official John] Kornblum both should have registered before lobbying Clinton." Whether Justice Department lawyers will share that view remains to be seen.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...-clinton-and-sidney-blumenthals-email-problem

Muellar has spent millions of US Tax payer dollars and has nothing to show for it. So what does he do? Indict foreign agents who he can't reach and who will never step foot on American soil again.
Yeah except that's not right either. FARA was one part of it, but as the Russian organization itself said they weren't lobbying anyone in this case, they were waging "information warfare against the United States of America". One of the companies alone had a million dollar budget to create fake news/propaganda, fake Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram personas/US-seeming political groups on social media to distribute their propaganda, etc. The indictment also alleges they purchased political ads and organized rallies in the US to influence voters/sow political discord. Then there was conspiracy to commit wire and bank fraud as they stole the identities of several US persons and set up fake bank accounts to try to obscure payments and funding to and from Russia. And yeah, Russia definitely won't be extraditing any of these people to the US ever but if they travel to the wrong country they'll be arrested and extradited.

If you're interested, Lawfareblog always has really good takes on these things. https://www.lawfareblog.com/russian-influence-campaign-whats-latest-mueller-indictment

Okieleaks

Le Soleil
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Mar 19, 2017
Here to there
Yeah except that's not right either. FARA was one part of it, but as the Russian organization itself said they weren't lobbying anyone in this case, they were waging "information warfare against the United States of America". One of the companies alone had a million dollar budget to create fake news/propaganda, fake Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram personas/US-seeming political groups on social media to distribute their propaganda, etc. The indictment also alleges they purchased political ads and organized rallies in the US to influence voters/sow political discord. Then there was conspiracy to commit wire and bank fraud as they stole the identities of several US persons and set up fake bank accounts to try to obscure payments and funding to and from Russia. And yeah, Russia definitely won't be extraditing any of these people to the US ever but if they travel to the wrong country they'll be arrested and extradited.

If you're interested, Lawfareblog always has really good takes on these things. https://www.lawfareblog.com/russian-influence-campaign-whats-latest-mueller-indictment
Baby cannon club

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Except Trump fired the guy in charge of that one. Then a member of Trump's own team appointed the special council. I have always maintained on this board that this investigation needed to happen whether it found criminal conduct or not.
Why, to satisfy liberal minds who aren’t mature enough to understand why even when they cheated and had the media in their pocket they still couldn’t win?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Appears perhaps Trump is the only one who is innocent, but the only one being investigated. That should tell us something........

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
He never was a criminal target. The investigation was a counter-intelligence investigation. "Collusion" isn't a crime. It was made-up by the HRC campaign/FBI/MSM to try to undermine the Trump campaign.

Oct 7, 2008
He never was a criminal target. The investigation was a counter-intelligence investigation. "Collusion" isn't a crime. It was made-up by the HRC campaign/FBI/MSM to try to undermine the Trump campaign.
Bold strategy by the HRC campaign to wait until after the election to try to derail the Trump campaign with this...

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
OKC
Bold strategy by the HRC campaign to wait until after the election to try to derail the Trump campaign with this...
This is my big problem with that argument. Timing just doesn't make sense. Why keep so quiet about it before the election? The Steele dossier was leaked in Jan 2017. Seems late if the aim was to undermine the campaign.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Except Trump fired the guy in charge of that one. Then a member of Trump's own team appointed the special council. I have always maintained on this board that this investigation needed to happen whether it found criminal conduct or not.
I'm going to have to disagree with you. This investigation should have been done in a completely public manor. There are no laws on the books about collusion with a foreign government in an election. If he did yeah it's pretty damn shitty but not illegal. The FBI a special council or any other law enforcement should have zero involvement in investigating something that is completely legal. The whole special council is a joke at best until you realize they are spending millions of our dollars to investigate something that isn't even a crime.

If in a public investigation they found something that was a crime appoint a special council and get after it throw Trump in jail. But to appoint a guy to look for a crime the President elect may have committed from who knows when or for who knows what is a serious threat to our Constitutional Republic.

Appointing special councils to dig into duly elected officials for doing things that are not illegal is insane. This should not be a partisan thing. Everyone should be horrified this happened.