Mueller being grilled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
On top of that when they did it in the 2016 election they interfered under Obama's watch not trumps Trump had no control over them. Except I still don't believe a bunch of Facebook ads and some oddball things here and there really constitutes interference. I don't see where they affected the outcome in any way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How do you feel about a few million illegals being registered to vote. Would that constitute foreign interference in an election.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo

I've watched some CNN and some Fox and am currently watchin Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

This is incredible. These guys are showing clips and then commenting and having other pundits comment on them. I keep hearing "Compelling" "Obstruction" "Implicated" "Impeachment", over and over again on CNN and MSNBC. On Fox, "Exonerated" "Disaster" "Cleared" "Embarrassment" . They're showing the exact same clips.

It's like they watched different hearings.

I'm embarrassed for them. I'm embarrassed for Congress, and I'm embarrassed about the doofus we have as a POTUS. This whole thing is just by-zar, but here's the deal; nobody gets to be shocked, hell you don't even get to be mildly surprised, by this shit show.

I'm so sick of this shit it's dizzying.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Russians have been interfering with other countries elections since 1917...its what communists do...to try to interfere and then take over the country. .
YIPES!!! We must be communists too then!

US Interfered in Elections of at Least 85 Countries Worldwide Since 1945

Levin, a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Politics and Strategy at Carnegie-Mellon University, found that the U.S. attempted to influence the elections of foreign countries as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000.

Comment: That’s just till 2000! The US has gone nuts since then.

Often covert in their execution, these efforts included everything from CIA operatives running successful presidential campaigns in the Philippines during the 1950s to leaking damaging information on Marxist Sandanistas in order to sway Nicaraguan voters in 1990. All told, the U.S. allegedly targeted the elections of 45 nations across the globe during this period, Levin’s research shows. In the case of some countries, such as Italy and Japan, the U.S. attempted to intervene in four or more separate elections.

Military Coups, Regime Change…: The CIA Has Interfered In Over 81 Foreign Elections…
Levin’s figures do not include military coups or regime change attempts following the election of a candidate the U.S. opposed, such as when the CIA helped overthrow Mohammad Mosaddeq, Iran’s democratically elected prime minister, in 1953.

Comment: If we add those in, we’re looking at the entire Earth having suffered from US meddling.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-in...ast-85-countries-worldwide-since-1945/5601481

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Another funny side note of this dog and pony show today is this. The Dems and their media are all of sudden taking impeachment again, but there was absolutely nothing new revealed today....everything said today was already available in the report. So if impeachment is warranted after today's "hearing", then it was also warranted yesterday and last week and last month.

The ONLY thing preventing Trump from being impeached right now is the Democrat Party. That's it. Period.
So why Dems have you not done it already? YOU have control of the house, you can do it any time you want to.....in fact, if you really believe he's guilty, you have an obligation to do it whether the voters like it or not.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
YIPES!!! We must be communists too then!

US Interfered in Elections of at Least 85 Countries Worldwide Since 1945

Levin, a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Politics and Strategy at Carnegie-Mellon University, found that the U.S. attempted to influence the elections of foreign countries as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000.

Comment: That’s just till 2000! The US has gone nuts since then.

Often covert in their execution, these efforts included everything from CIA operatives running successful presidential campaigns in the Philippines during the 1950s to leaking damaging information on Marxist Sandanistas in order to sway Nicaraguan voters in 1990. All told, the U.S. allegedly targeted the elections of 45 nations across the globe during this period, Levin’s research shows. In the case of some countries, such as Italy and Japan, the U.S. attempted to intervene in four or more separate elections.

Military Coups, Regime Change…: The CIA Has Interfered In Over 81 Foreign Elections…
Levin’s figures do not include military coups or regime change attempts following the election of a candidate the U.S. opposed, such as when the CIA helped overthrow Mohammad Mosaddeq, Iran’s democratically elected prime minister, in 1953.

Comment: If we add those in, we’re looking at the entire Earth having suffered from US meddling.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-in...ast-85-countries-worldwide-since-1945/5601481
American "inference" in other countries has always been to promote democracy never to gain control for the benefit of us as Americans. We are among the most unselfish of all peoples in helping restore democracy to peoples who have lost their freedom. Communist ideology seeks to overthrow countries for their own personal
benefit. No, we are not like communists. We still believe we are "a city on a hill" who can serve as an example
for all people.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
American "inference" in other countries has always been to promote democracy never to gain control for the benefit of us as Americans. We are among the most unselfish of all peoples in helping restore democracy to peoples who have lost their freedom. Communist ideology seeks to overthrow countries for their own personal
benefit. No, we are not like communists. We still believe we are "a city on a hill" who can serve as an example
for all people.
Come on man... You don't honestly believe that do you??

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
for all people.
I’ll be short and to the point as I’m not sure details will matter.

NO to all of the above

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Read up on the 1973 coup of Allende in Chile if you want to see some hard core U.S. interference...this time overthrowing an elected leader who was going to nationalize U.S. copper mining companies operating in Chile.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Read up on the 1973 coup of Allende in Chile if you want to see some hard core U.S. interference...this time overthrowing an elected leader who was going to nationalize U.S. copper mining companies operating in Chile DIDN'T LOVE FREEDOM ENOUGH!!!.
FIFY

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Unless you're using "gain control" in a very strict sense to only mean taking over the country and establishing American rule I don't see where you're getting this opinion from... We interfere in other countries in ways which benefit us either politically or financially. I'm not proud of that fact but I'm not oblivious to it. I don't see how you can be blind enough to think we're just trying to spread democracy for the good of their people...

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
for all people.
Serving as an example, perfect, forcing our ideals on others is done for purely selfish purposes.
We have no legitimate authority to tell others how they should choose to live, it’s sacrilege to say I know but, our way of life is not necessarily how everyone would choose to live.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
On top of that when they did it in the 2016 election they interfered under Obama's watch not trumps Trump had no control over them. Except I still don't believe a bunch of Facebook ads and some oddball things here and there really constitutes interference. I don't see where they affected the outcome in any way.

How do you feel about a few million illegals being registered to vote. Would that constitute foreign interference in an election.
I agree about that. ID's to vote and prove citizenship etc... But that's not Russians, which I was talking about.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The ONLY thing preventing Trump from being impeached right now is the Democrat Party. That's it. Period.
So why Dems have you not done it already? YOU have control of the house, you can do it any time you want to.....in fact, if you really believe he's guilty, you have an obligation to do it whether the voters like it or not.
I've read this from several Democrats on Twitter. They are mad the Democrats did nothing yet.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Anyone else find it humorous that the the Dems are making a big fit about Reps blocking the "election security" bill they just tried to push through?? So, they want to pass laws to prevent people from other countries from being able to influence American voters but not laws to prevent people from other countries from actually voting (voter ID laws)?? :confused:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I agree about that. ID's to vote and prove citizenship etc... But that's not Russians, which I was talking about.

I agree with voter ID but it has to be implemented on a state level. Our founders were wise to put the power of elections and voting to the states. It makes it impossible to corrupt the vote centrally and universally. The fed passing any law to get power over the vote is a very dangerous and slippery slope that will be further and further encroached upon as time goes by.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I agree with voter ID but it has to be implemented on a state level. Our founders were wise to put the power of elections and voting to the states. It makes it impossible to corrupt the vote centrally and universally. The fed passing any law to get power over the vote is a very dangerous and slippery slope that will be further and further encroached upon as time goes by.
There was some work done on this issue after Al Gore claimed he got robbed... I haven't really read it to see if I agree or not, but it was done by the GAO.

Here's the summary:

In summary, the constitutional framework for elections contemplates both
state and federal roles
. States are responsible for the administration of
both their own elections and federal elections. States regulate various
phases of the elections process and in turn incur the costs associated with
these activities.

Notwithstanding the state role in elections, Congress has authority to
affect the administration of elections in certain ways. Congressional
authority to legislate in this area derives from various constitutional
sources, depending upon the type of election. With regard to the
administration of federal elections, Congress has constitutional authority
over both congressional and presidential elections

https://www.gao.gov/new.items/d01470.pdf

Page 11 even lists the major federal statutes.