More Cowherd Pub

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
He just had Bob Stoops on and asked him about the great rise of oSu and if he sees whats coming. Stoops was pretty short on his answer and seemed adverse to giving us any kudos.

dash

Territorial Marshal
Oct 3, 2008
Edmond, OK
Stoops will never give OSU one once of credit for anything, ever. That's just the way he is. It's nothing against OSU, he doesn't really do it for any teams. When asked about good players or good teams, he always turns the question back to his own saying things like 'We have some pretty good players ourselves.' or something to that affect.

EmptySeat

Territorial Marshal
Jan 20, 2007
Why should he give us props? When it comes to his team, we haven't earned them. Beat him and the props won't matter at all.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
Stoops will never give OSU one once of credit for anything, ever. That's just the way he is. It's nothing against OSU, he doesn't really do it for any teams. When asked about good players or good teams, he always turns the question back to his own saying things like 'We have some pretty good players ourselves.' or something to that affect.
Yes, i've heard him say exactly that.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I don't blame stoops for his answer - it's OK in that situation. It doesn't make him an arrogant prick - he was already that, and if Cowherd asked him 'how's the weather today in OK?,' stoops would still be an arrogant prick.

I just think it's really funny/awesome that Cowherd asked the question in the first place.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
I don't blame stoops for his answer - it's OK in that situation. It doesn't make him an arrogant prick - he was already that, and if Cowherd asked him 'how's the weather today in OK?,' stoops would still be an arrogant prick.

I just think it's really funny/awesome that Cowherd asked the question in the first place.
I was thinking the same thing. I really believe Stoops knows he has a fight on his hands now every time he plays oSu.

Feb 20, 2008
He just had Bob Stoops on and asked him about the great rise of oSu and if he sees whats coming. Stoops was pretty short on his answer and seemed adverse to giving us any kudos.
Yyet again, the OP heard what he wanted to hear, and everyone else just assumed his interpretation was correct.

The podcast is here http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd

Stoops says "we've been well aware how good of a program they have been for a long time". Also says OU and OSU and every team in the region battle together for the best high school players in the region.

What more do you want him to say?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Yyet again, the OP heard what he wanted to hear, and everyone else just assumed his interpretation was correct.

Stoops says "we've been well aware how good of a program they have been for a long time". Also says OU and OSU and every team in the region battle together for the best high school players in the region.

"They are better than me. Rather than compete, I am going to the SEC." :D:D:D

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
Colin just rep'd us again. Said we are on the edge of eliteness and he sees us competing for MNCs every year.
Also was talking about who would be left for ND to schedule. He said they could schedule Roast Beef Tech. That had me rollin!

Feb 20, 2008
Hmmm, really? It only took one google search to find this, which has to be from 2008 or 09

"That leads us to this week, our final game of the year here with Oklahoma State. They are a team that is really playing well. You look at their ability to run the ball and work some play action pass off of it. They have been really strong through the whole year. Their defense has made a lot of progress and improvement from a year ago, they are near the top of the league in most categories and are playing very soundly. (Keith) Toston, their running back, is one of the top rushers in the league and is doing a really great job running the ball.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Listening to Cowherd for lunch, he just said OSU is on the verge of being in the NC hunt everyear.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010

And? Thats not exactly a spilling ringing endorsement. And Colin was asking in a fashion that was heaping praise on oSu. I paraphrased, obviously, and if you think thats way off then there's no helping you. Perhaps you read my post and interpreted it how you wanted with your own bias.

Feb 20, 2008
And? Thats not exactly a spilling ringing endorsement. And Colin was asking in a fashion that was heaping praise on oSu. I paraphrased, obviously, and if you think thats way off then there's no helping you. Perhaps you read my post and interpreted it how you wanted with your own bias.
You didn't paraphrase anything. You said Stoops was adverse to giving us any kudos. That's totally the opposite of what he did. You're just trying to get a rise out of people with this asinine thread.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
You didn't paraphrase anything. You said Stoops was adverse to giving us any kudos. That's totally the opposite of what he did. You're just trying to get a rise out of people with this asinine thread.
Now you have proven yourself to be a first-rate moron. See the title of the thread? Not exactly trying to get a rise. Eliminate your asinine comments and stop digging that hole.

Feb 20, 2008
Now you have proven yourself to be a first-rate moron. See the title of the thread? Not exactly trying to get a rise. Eliminate your asinine comments and stop digging that hole.

Haha, so what reason did you have to lie about what Stoops said then?

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
Haha, so what reason did you have to lie about what Stoops said then?
I've addressed that, but I'll do it again just for special people. What Stoops said was a run of the mill comment that didn't really amount to much. You could tell by the way he was speaking he was looking to say something vanilla and not add any hype/pub to his response. Really shouldn't have to spoon feed this...