Monken to Georgia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
What makes you think Coach Dunn won't be just as successful here?
It's more of a question of probability. Coach Monken is a proven commodity. He's proven himself to be an elite playcaller. Coach Dunn has never called plays before, so he's an unproven commodity. Which scenario provides a higher probability of success? Which scenario provides a higher probability of failure?

I really like Coach Dunn. I think there's a good chance he'll be successful at OC. But I would take a proven commodity over an unproven one in a heartbeat.
To Monken OSU May be more of s been there done that situation. Can’t blame him for going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
Gotcha. Same thing I'm thinking-sometimes the timing's right & things work out, others not so much.

Gotta admit, Monken's an interesting, well traveled cat at this point, with connections in college & the NFL. Hard to remember how many stops he's made since leaving Stillwater.
The biggest downside to Monken is the fact that he doesn't seem to stay anywhere very long. He might not have stayed very long if we would've been able to land him.

Coach Dunn has been really loyal to this program. I'm really glad we were able to keep him on the staff. Hopefully he'll stick around for awhile if he has success at OC.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
We obviously don't know - but I wonder if we offered "HC in waiting", or if not, would that have made a difference. Maybe not. Coaches need to keep their options open, don't know which team or league might come calling for a HC position. To get a shot at maybe being the HC at UGA would be hard to turn down.