Mods - Approved list of words?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Can you give us a list of what are currently on June 24, 2020, considered "racist" terminology...so that we don't offend? I've lost track...honestly and seriously...

We, as posters could only expect an approved list...right? right?

Youtube George Carlin on Racism...can't post that here as it won't fly in 2020...Plus I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with it myself. Btw, it's certainly offensive now..and it was then to me as well but it IS a logical discussion of "words," The meaning is derived by the user not the use of it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Honestly curious...don't know why the Gundy thread was scrubbed...someone, must have offended someone? Honestly I don't know what's approved and what's not...you would think the op-community would get a list? No?

Last edited:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Honestly curious...don't know why the Gundy thread was scrubbed...someone, must have offended someone? Honestly I don't know what's approved and what's not...you would think the on-community would get a list? No?
Sometimes it appears it's not necessarily the word, but the word and the context in which it's used. imho
I get warned on rare occasion and I've found that to be the likely reason. Plus, I think that's a reasonable position.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well I just figure we deserve a list...no? I didn't get a warning, just went to check on that thread and low and behold it's gone. Figure some stuff must have happened while I was out? Why not make a list of offending words? Just want to know what not to use so I don't offend anyone of any shade of melanin from the lightest shade of Albino (not sure if banned?) to the darkest of lovely chocolate (too sweet to be banned? right?) All shades are lovely and deserve Love. Love is the answer and I want to love not hate...so lets give the list deemed as "racist." Want to steer clear...

I'm assuming someone is thinking of others and has the best interest of OP at heart.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
My company is currently trying to come up with better terminology that "Slave - Master" for our product datasheet/application documents. NFC readers and chips. Evidently there is a move towards this in the electronics world. This is in Austria!!! Like most of Europe, Austria is not a very PC place.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
My company is currently trying to come up with better terminology that "Slave - Master" for our product datasheet/application documents. NFC readers and chips. Evidently there is a move towards this in the electronics world. This is in Austria!!! Like most of Europe, Austria is not a very PC place.
Wow..all the companies I've been affiliated with have used "primary/secondary" or something of the sort for years. Been a long time since I've encountered that nomenclature.

Status
Not open for further replies.