MJ Rhett (Tennessee State Transfer)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Would be a nice guy to have for a year so Solomon could RS possibly and develop. I wonder if getting this guy would mean we don't get a guy like Atwood.

Jan 28, 2008
OKC, OK
He would start next year...without question. I don't know if you guys are aware or not, but the OSU basketball team has some challenges in the height and size department. (jk)

Sep 29, 2006
Seriously - Does Ford have a complex about recruiting anyone over 6'8". Other than Solomon, we have not really even sniffed a 6'9 or above guy.

Mar 23, 2013
Just basing it on the highlight video, he runs the floor extremely well. His ball handling skills look very good for 6'8" guy too. I especially appreciated all the highlights from the Mizzou game.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Seriously - Does Ford have a complex about recruiting anyone over 6'8". Other than Solomon, we have not really even sniffed a 6'9 or above guy.
I don't really care how tall or heavy they are, I just want guys that can rebound. Rebounding is as much about want to and knowing where the ball will come off the rim as it is about height.

pennpoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2012
York, PA
I don't really care how tall or heavy they are, I just want guys that can rebound. Rebounding is as much about want to and knowing where the ball will come off the rim as it is about height.
I won't disagree with your point about positioning for rebounding, but let's not sell short the idea that we really could use more height. I'm tired of starting out at a disadvantage against KU, Baylor, and UT every year because they've each got one to three guys taller than our tallest dude.

Jurick really helped us in that regard last year. At least when it came to rebounding, he helped level the playing field a bit. I'd love to see us get another Jurick-type player who can also be counted on to get the ball on a dump-down and score. Would help open up our shots too, which has been part of our problem. Defenses that have to stay honest on our low post offense wouldn't be harassing our shooters nearly as much.

Hopefully Solomon will be that guy.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I won't disagree with your point about positioning for rebounding, but let's not sell short the idea that we really could use more height. I'm tired of starting out at a disadvantage against KU, Baylor, and UT every year because they've each got one to three guys taller than our tallest dude.

Jurick really helped us in that regard last year. At least when it came to rebounding, he helped level the playing field a bit. I'd love to see us get another Jurick-type player who can also be counted on to get the ball on a dump-down and score. Would help open up our shots too, which has been part of our problem. Defenses that have to stay honest on our low post offense wouldn't be harassing our shooters nearly as much.

Hopefully Solomon will be that guy.
I think we struggled more because we couldn't rebound than we did due to lack of height. Marshall Moses was the last good rebounder we had. Jurick was above average, Cobbins and Murphy are below average.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
In this class alone? Turner says, hi.

Ever? Jurrick, Soucek, and Gaskins say hi.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I think we struggled more because we couldn't rebound than we did due to lack of height. Marshall Moses was the last good rebounder we had. Jurick was above average, Cobbins and Murphy are below average.
We struggled cuz lack of height dude. Cobbins got hurt and we have one 6'8 guy and that's it. If Cobbins were here of course it would help.

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
Ford has recruited a bunch of players over 6'9. A bunch. the issue isn't recruiting them...its bringing them in.

We are seen as a faster paced offense and guard oriented. Which is true and not necessarily a bad thing at the college level but we still need a few big men. Cobbins, Murphy, and Solomon will make a good trio