Missouri Probation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
NCAA just announced that Missouri is on a one year post season ban in football for academic misconduct involving a former tutor. Always hate to see this...kids how aren't involved always get punished.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you need a reminder on why you should not feel bad for Missouri.

https://newsok.com/article/3772785/missouri-governor-does-mizzou-no-favors

“When you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at.”

Missouri can get bent. I'm glad the NCAA decided to screw them. They've accomplished nothing in their entire history. They deserve to be a whipping boy.

Nov 6, 2010
Post season ban plus our recent victory should be nice recruiting ammo for our coaches, and I know we're recruiting against them all the time.

Sep 9, 2013
UNC did much much worse, and someone had to pay for UNC's sins. Since UNC brings in too much money to punish, it had to be Mizzou. Louisville and Kansas cheating in hoops are two more sins some middle of the pack team must be hammered for.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
NCAA just announced that Missouri is on a one year post season ban in football for academic misconduct involving a former tutor. Always hate to see this...kids how aren't involved always get punished.
Also other penalties. Ouch!
A 5 percent reduction in the amount of scholarships in each of the football, baseball and softball programs during the 2019-20 academic year.
Recruiting restrictions for each of the football, baseball and softball programs during the 2019-20 academic year, including:
A seven-week ban on unofficial visits.
A 12.5 percent reduction in official visits.
A seven-week ban on recruiting communications.
A seven-week ban on all off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.
A 12.5 percent reduction in recruiting-person or evaluation days.
A fine of $5,000 plus 1 percent of each of the football, baseball and softball budgets.