Mike Cunningham leaving

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
I dont think people realize that Mike boynton was placed into the worst situation. He had to deal with allegations last year, a group of seniors leaving, having to restaff, and this next part is the hardest. Underwood didnt recruit for his first year, and the recruits that he had for his 2nd year decommitted. Boynton had to hurry and find recruits during his first year while dealing with allegations and rallying his team. My full evaluation of him starts next year.
Part of his problems were self-inflicted since he hired Lamont Evans as Assistant Head Coach......

He could have avoided that part of the problem with better decision-making.

Dec 17, 2011
Part of his problems were self-inflicted since he hired Lamont Evans as Assistant Head Coach......

Oh 100% yeah. But he didnt have any idea about that so it's hard to say. Also they were hired with almost similar salaries. I wonder if that was part of the pitch to become head coach. "You get me and him. It's a strong duo team and we will be paid about the same"

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Oh 100% yeah. But he didnt have any idea about that so it's hard to say. Also they were hired with almost similar salaries. I wonder if that was part of the pitch to become head coach. "You get me and him. It's a strong duo team and we will be paid about the same"
Technically, wasn't Evans hired by Underwood? Boynton just kept the staff for continuity I would assume.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

right, b/c if he would have sat down and thought about it, he probably would have come to the conclusion that Evans was a dirt bag and was making under the table deals w/ Adidas. Boynton is an awful judge of character.........

Dec 17, 2011
Boynton is just a work horse. The amount of time he puts into recruiting, his players off the court, fans, charity, alumni, etc is incredible. I get tired after sending 2 emails.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
IMO it's really none of our business why he left the team. I trust this coach and love how he keeps making reference to our proud basketball tradition and it's even cooler when he begins to mention names of players and coaches from the past. He's going to take us to the promised land if we just stay patient and give him enough time.
TBH, nothing about an amateur athlete playing a sport for a school is any of our business.
Yet, fans spend billions making parts of their lives our business. And here we sit on a message board discussing their business.

I'm not disagreeing with your main point, that part just struck me funny.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
90% of these casualties I would bet are marijuana/drug test related

Some other issues could include:
Grades
Not going to class
Late to meetings/practice
You forgot urinating out of the window of a moving vehicle. :facepalm:
It has to be in a moving vehicle. Urinating at an elementary school is only frowned upon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk