Mike Cunningham leaving

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
"The standards of Cowboy basketball will never be lowered for a short-term gain." (Boynton's words.)

Now that he's off the team, I'd like to know what he did. I hate that it's always "violation of team rules". Well no f***ing crap. What was the rule?

Dec 21, 2008
90% of these casualties I would bet are marijuana/drug test related

Some other issues could include:
Grades
Not going to class
Late to meetings/practice

Aug 19, 2006
This one seemed to be brewing for awhile. Wouldn't surprise me if he became disgruntled with his minutes which soured his attitude.

I'm sure he came in expecting to start but got off to a slow start because of the injury. Likelele developed a lot faster than expected and basically took his spot in the starting lineup.

With the addition of Jones at the end of Dec, there just weren't enough quality minutes to go around. Could kind of see something like this coming. Tough situation since he's burned his last year of eligibility.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2006
Must have been pretty bad considering he let Weathers back.
Be careful the questions you pose the mods and OSU Athletics do not like the questionable decisions made to be questioned apparently. Procuring another persons property without consent is apparently a new consideration for humanitarian awards.

Apr 27, 2006
"The standards of Cowboy basketball will never be lowered for a short-term gain." (Boynton's words.)

Now that he's off the team, I'd like to know what he did. I hate that it's always "violation of team rules". Well no f***ing crap. What was the rule?
Agree.

Boynton's words - Rich, really rich!

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I’m shocked they didn’t consult you before they kicked him off the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

We'll be sure to run future decisions like this by your desk for approval. Cowboy basketball apologizes for this oversight. :) just messing with ya

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I really did see any major contributions from Cunningham in his minutes, it's not like we are losing 25 minutes and 15 points a game with him leaving. If he was disgruntled and causing problems it's probably for the best, it's the risk he took by transferring.

Mar 8, 2010
IMO it's really none of our business why he left the team. I trust this coach and love how he keeps making reference to our proud basketball tradition and it's even cooler when he begins to mention names of players and coaches from the past. He's going to take us to the promised land if we just stay patient and give him enough time.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
I just want that team that played in Florida & beat LSU back. I don't know where it went or why it went away (maybe some team dissension??)…….I just want it back. Cunningham was part of that team that looked pretty good, I just hope it isn't gone forever to be replaced by the lost little boys I keep seeing lately.

Aug 31, 2008
I just want that team that played in Florida & beat LSU back. I don't know where it went or why it went away (maybe some team dissension??)…….I just want it back. Cunningham was part of that team that looked pretty good, I just hope it isn't gone forever to be replaced by the lost little boys I keep seeing lately.
Cunningham being gone is completely unimportant to me. This team is not going to accomplish anything this year. We are in complete rebuild mode and losing a grad transfer senior isnt going to make much of a difference. If he is a cancer to the team or is giving the staff problems, then i dont want him around.

Any team can play a great game or a terrible game. All because we beat a good team doesnt mean that we are capable of that every night. 70% of this roster is either a freshman or a transfer that has sit out a year and our experienced players are learning how to be effective when they are the focus of the other team. I hope this is the low point of Boyonton's time in Stillwater, we should be better next year and hopefully be continue to improve.

I thought we looked a little better last night. Thats all we can hope for this year. Improvement

Dec 17, 2011
I dont think people realize that Mike boynton was placed into the worst situation. He had to deal with allegations last year, a group of seniors leaving, having to restaff, and this next part is the hardest. Underwood didnt recruit for his first year, and the recruits that he had for his 2nd year decommitted. Boynton had to hurry and find recruits during his first year while dealing with allegations and rallying his team. My full evaluation of him starts next year.