Midweek Bedlam Baseball Tonight in Allie P

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
This is the Sooner's last ever trip to Allie P, and the weather looks fantastic, THERE ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE. Get them now, and let's show our rivals to the South how loud we can make the old stadium. Allie P's last season needs a good sellout, and first 500 get a free poster of the former Allie P era Cowboy All Americans.

Make no bones about it OU is a good team this year 21-4 ISR (not RPI) of 10, with a 7 game winning streak. They have outstanding weekend starting pitching and are hitting the ball at an impressive clip. Comparison OSU team ERA 3.44, OU 2.42 (Second in the nation), OSU Batting average .284, OU.293.

OU's bats come from their infield: Catcher Lindsly .397 BA, 5HR, 1st Hardman .352 BA, 5 HR, 27 RBI. Their best base stealer is the RF Tredaway, they draw walks and hit for power. OU does a good job of being disciplined and getting walks and we've been known to work a count full.

Although not listed as a starter yet, I feel confident in assuming they will start freshman Ben Abram at pitcher, he's been their main go-to Tuesday guy, 5-0, 1.61 ERA, 28 IP, 24K, just 3 BB, opp batting .213., Abram is 6'8 RHP, with a curve and a splitter. That had his FB sitting 86-90 at a showcase last year. On the whole, OU doesn't give up a lot of walks and the Cowboys have relied on the walk this year to get base runners, so that's a concern going into this matchup.

With OU throwing a righty, you will likely see our more common lineup, with Funk at 1st, Navi at 3rd, and Hewitt at SS, Cade in RF.

On the bump we have a few options: I assume it will be a combination of Mitchell Stone, CJ Varela, Brady Basso, and Peyton Battenfield with Leep to close.

Meet Me at Allie P.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This is the Sooner's last ever trip to Allie P, and the weather looks fantastic, THERE ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE. Get them now, and let's show our rivals to the South how loud we can make the old stadium. Allie P's last season needs a good sellout, and first 500 get a free poster of the former Allie P era Cowboy All Americans.

Make no bones about it OU is a good team this year 21-4 RPI 10, with a 7 game winning streak. They have outstanding weekend starting pitching and are hitting the ball at an impressive clip. Comparison OSU team ERA 3.44, OU 2.42 (Second in the nation), OSU Batting average .284, OU.293.

OU's bats come from their infield: Catcher Lindsly .397 BA, 5HR, 1st Hardman .352 BA, 5 HR, 27 RBI. Their best base stealer is the RF Tredaway, they draw walks and hit for power. OU does a good job of being disciplined and getting walks and we've been known to work a count full.

Although not listed as a starter yet, I feel confident in assuming they will start freshman Ben Abram at pitcher, he's been their main go-to Tuesday guy, 5-0, 1.61 ERA, 28 IP, 24K, just 3 BB, opp batting .213., Abram is 6'8 RHP, with a curve and a splitter. That had his FB sitting 86-90 at a showcase last year. On the whole, OU doesn't give up a lot of walks and the Cowboys have relied on the walk this year to get base runners, so that's a concern going into this matchup.

With OU throwing a righty, you will likely see our more common lineup, with Funk at 1st, Navi at 3rd, and Hewitt at SS, Cade in RF.

On the bump we have a few options: I assume it will be a combination of Mitchell Stone, CJ Varela, Brady Basso, and Peyton Battenfield with Leep to close.

Meet Me at Allie P.
What time is first pitch?

Jul 28, 2006
Ou’s Strength of schedule to garner all those numbers??? 167th. And ou’s RPI is 32nd not 10th. The previous week OSU was ranked 42nd in RPI while OU was ranked 50th. Somehow winning two against a 12-11 New Mexico squad (RPI 128 before going 1-5 in their last 6 games and somehow jumping eight spots in RPI to 120). And sweeping Kansas at home (13-10 RPI 175 before losing six in a row to jump to RPI 135) jumps ou 18 spots to 32? While OSU drops a spot in RPI after sweeping Kansas state and dropping a close game to Dallas Baptist??? College sports are so openly manipulated it’s laughable.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2006
Ou’s Strength of schedule to garner all those numbers??? 167th.
You're right I was using strength of record, my bad, Boyd has their RPI at 34.

But that destroys the point you were trying to make.
How does you being absolutely wrong destroy the point I was trying to make. Strength of record? What on earth is that?? How can you get a solid strength or record from playing a horrendous schedule? Over half of their wins are against teams well below .500.