Microsoft buys Zenimax games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
$7.5 Billion. This includes Zenimax sub company Bethesda Games

Microsoft will now own Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein and Doom
Good maybe they can force them or give them an endless supply of money to move away from that stupid antique of an engine. They have needed to upgrade from it since oblivion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
ES VI is supposedly already in development. Wonder if this will speed up or delay that process. I also wonder how microsoft will approach mods and whether they try to profit off of them.

Are there any current microsoft games with a modding community like the elder scrolls....and if so how good/bad is it?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
ES VI is supposedly already in development. Wonder if this will speed up or delay that process. I also wonder how microsoft will approach mods and whether they try to profit off of them.

Are there any current microsoft games with a modding community like the elder scrolls....and if so how good/bad is it?
Microsoft bought Minecraft a few years back. It has one of the strongest mod communities in the world and Microsoft left it alone and made very little changes.

In fact yesterday there was a free update to the PS 4 Minecraft client to add PlayStation VR support. My kids run around mod community built maps yesterday for hours in Minecraft VR yesterday and it blew their minds

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Microsoft bought Minecraft a few years back. It has one of the strongest mod communities in the world and Microsoft left it alone and made very little changes.

In fact yesterday there was a free update to the PS 4 Minecraft client to add PlayStation VR support. My kids run around mod community built maps yesterday for hours in Minecraft VR yesterday and it blew their minds
Awesome, sounds like it will be an improvement or at the very least stay the same (which is already pretty dang good). I've gotten so spoiled with mods in Bethesda and Paradox games...playing vanilla is like watching black and white tv.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX

Vivecraft has been around for ages.