Media Needs to do some Soul-Searching

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
WSJ Today
"The end of the collusion illusion should also cause the media to do some soul-searching about rushes to judgment. For two years, with the help of ex-Obama officials, they spun anecdotes of contacts between Russians and Trump campaign advisers into a conspiracy. With few exceptions, they went well beyond First Amendment oversight into anti-Trump advocacy. But it was always odd that those individual Russia-Trump contacts never added up to anything or went anywhere, which is why we warned about waiting for the facts."

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
It’s worse than a rush to judgment. The MSM knew the collusion stuff was false. Probably almost from the beginning but certainly for the last year or so. They kept it going purely for partisan reasons hoping that Mueller would find something else to nail Trump on. And I guarantee you Mueller did all he could to find something and simply came up empty. That’s why when I see people say Trump owes Mueller an apology I shake my head. Had Mueller called this thing off 18 mos ago when he probably knew the dossier was fake and the collusion narrative was false then yeah Trump would look bad. The fact that Mueller kept going simply proves Trump right about the entire thing.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
MSM greatest hits in 2019 so far.....

1. MAGA kids
2. Jussie Smollet
3. Russia Collusion
4. The scumbag Avenatti that they gave so much airtime to, goes down hard today.

Are we still going to argue that they aren't fake news?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Matt Taibbi released a chapter from his soon to be released book Hate, Inc in response to the Mueller conclusion; https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Nobody wants to hear this, but news that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is headed home without issuing new charges is a death-blow for the reputation of the American news media.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Listened to about 5 minutes of talk radio today and they were playing a montage of what the media and Dems have been saying leading up to the release of this report. All I can say is wow, these people are either extremely delusional or simply saying what they think will get them the most ratings/votes knowing it's completely untrue.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Did you watch it? I saw it on the guide but decided not to take the bait.
I perused it, it looked like they recorded most of it before the Mueller report was done in anticipation. They cut two sections to acknowledge Mullers finding them it was back to Hillary got cheated

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
While the current state of the American media is a horrible thing to the service of citizens of this country, its even worse for those who view America through it's lens that don't live here. They get a false impression that doesn't fit the reality of American life and one that is biased beyond belief in the direction of one political and cultural line of thinking above the other. They show a nation without a moral backbone that shifts in the winds of change, and while some of that is certainly true, a maturity in this country still exist in it's citizens of fly over country and those grounded in their faith all over the land. Not only is their story untold, but it is vilified by much of the media. Once again, while this is discouraging to those who are culturally mature in our great and proud country, it is also making the nation look bad to the rest of the world that doesn't have access to our alternative media. The medias response to this continued political bias failure needs to be a renewed effort to be unbiased and report the news...not attempt to make it or to achieve a biased desired outcome. It is a dangerous place when the media is dominated by one mindset attempting to shape the news rather than report it.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
While the current state of the American media is a horrible thing to the service of citizens of this country, its even worse for those who view America through it's lens that don't live here. They get a false impression that doesn't fit the reality of American life and one that is biased beyond belief in the direction of one political and cultural line of thinking above the other. They show a nation without a moral backbone that shifts in the winds of change, and while some of that is certainly true, a maturity in this country still exist in it's citizens of fly over country and those grounded in their faith all over the land. Not only is their story untold, but it is vilified by much of the media. Once again, while this is discouraging to those who are culturally mature in our great and proud country, it is also making the nation look bad to the rest of the world that doesn't have access to our alternative media. The medias response to this continued political bias failure needs to be a renewed effort to be unbiased and report the news...not attempt to make it or to achieve a biased desired outcome. It is a dangerous place when the media is dominated by one mindset attempting to shape the news rather than report it.
It's even worse when our own simpletons take it as truth.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
WSJ Today
"The end of the collusion illusion should also cause the media to do some soul-searching about rushes to judgment. For two years, with the help of ex-Obama officials, they spun anecdotes of contacts between Russians and Trump campaign advisers into a conspiracy. With few exceptions, they went well beyond First Amendment oversight into anti-Trump advocacy. But it was always odd that those individual Russia-Trump contacts never added up to anything or went anywhere, which is why we warned about waiting for the facts."
As I've pointed out several times this year. I read far left and far right sources to learn as much as possible about big stories. The ONLY news source that did their jobs as real journalists was THE WALL STREET JOURNAL. They should be recognized for their integrity and hard work.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Russia interfering in Venezuela and Trump not so subtly stating that ALL options on the table if they don't stop. I'll bet the media doesn't know how to cover it. They want to paint Trump as a loose cannon who might start a war, but if they do, it will be contrary to their continuing Russian agent narrative.

Last edited: