McCleskey has big night

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Seems there were a lot of McCleskey detractors early on this season. He had 4 receptions for 120 yds and 2tds in Tulanes win against Houston tonight. Including the game winner.
I thought the general consensus was we didn't want him to go, because he was a valuable contributor, but we understand that he wanted to play for his father in his last year.

I'm glad he had a great game and happy they beat Houston.

Oct 30, 2007
I'm happy for him. He was due for a breakout performance. I hope he ends up in the NFL.

BTW, this is his current twitter profile. I think he's still a Cowboy at heart despite the fact that he chose to play his final season for his dad at Tulane.
09-19-19.JPG

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Seems there were a lot of McCleskey detractors early on this season. He had 4 receptions for 120 yds and 2tds in Tulanes win against Houston tonight. Including the game winner.
Yeah, there were a lot of people that said we wouldn't miss him, etc....

I'm happy that he had a big night, and that game winner was an amazing play!

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I had just read that article and watched the highlights and not once did that name click for me. I guess my brain, not expecting to know any Tulane players, just glossed right over his name.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I was really disappointed when he left. He was very productive and seemingly underutilized here.
Productive but not underutilized. Think if he would have finished out last season that he would have finished near the top of OSU record books in receptions and yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
He killed Dana when he was a Cowboy, and he killed him as a Green Wave.

from wvu board:
so the WR who caught the TD to win played for OSU and caught 11 on us in 2015. #Danakiller

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
they might, but something tells me Tulane does not have much of a Pro Day each year. If not, maybe Gundy will let him come back and participate at OSU's Pro Day next spring. Presuming he does not get an invite to the combine.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I had just read that article and watched the highlights and not once did that name click for me. I guess my brain, not expecting to know any Tulane players, just glossed right over his name.
I watched the last half of the game last night and the announcers never failed to mention he was transfer from OSU & playing for his dad. It was amazing to watch the play develop live and the way the team erupted with joy after the score.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Personally, I think his shallow decision may have cost us two games last year that we might have won if he had honored his commitment. Jalen had a daddy issue, and Daniels had a mommy issue. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Yeah, there were a lot of people that said we wouldn't miss him, etc....

I'm happy that he had a big night, and that game winner was an amazing play!
I think we miss him as a Cowboy and he was a very productive player, but Stoner and Wolf are doing the job. I don't see much productivity loss.
But, we all wish him well with his one season with his father. That's an awesome story.
Hopefully, he will get a chance at the next level.