MBB: POST GAME Cowboys dial in their First Conference Win Against TCU 72-57. Next up #1 BAYLOR

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
To his credit, I think Dizzy played as well in aspects of the game, not just shooting that I’ve seen him play. I thought he did just fine in the man defense and moves the ball well. Hats off to him. Seemed like he slowed down and played within himself. Only got out of control on a couple of shots.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
To his credit, I think Dizzy played as well in aspects of the game, not just shooting that I’ve seen him play. I thought he did just fine in the man defense and moves the ball well. Hats off to him. Seemed like he slowed down and played within himself. Only got out of control on a couple of shots.
100% agree. He was all over the floor on both ends. I only remember seeing him get beat on the dribble one time. Oddly enough, he seemed a lot more comfortable in this faster pace of play.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
100% agree. He was all over the floor on both ends. I only remember seeing him get beat on the dribble one time. Oddly enough, he seemed a lot more comfortable in this faster pace of play.
Help defense was excellent. When someone got a step on him, help came, slowed the offensive player and let Dizzy recover. To his credit he kept hustling and got back in position. It was a good effort. I’ve been pretty tough on him, but when he hustles and plays well, he deserves the credit.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
According to HCMB in locker room, OSU was +18 when Dee Mitchell was on the floor. Wow.
Dee Mitchell has been so valuable for us. He knows his roll, plays hard, and doesn't turn the ball over. Not much more we could ask for from a walk-on.
I took 3 kids and took advantage of the free tickets We really improve at the defensive end when was in the game. Not a coincident that we went on a run when he entered the game in the second half. I was impressed by his effort

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
You just saw an advertisement for TCU. Just like OSU has them. No biggie big dawg.
Where are you at and how were you watching? If you were streaming with Hulu, etc, the service overlays their own commercials instead of running those aired on the national feed. As a result, you see a lot of second-tier commercials (cheaper to run) and more with local/regional interest especially if you are in the DFW area.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
He’s a great kid, but I hope Lindy takes note of the good ball movement tonight. Too many times it dies with him.
Lindy is not able to make a quick decisions and his ball handling doesn't allow him to create after he slows everything down. Allowing him to bring the ball up the court is not a good role for him. There are other things that match his skill set better. Some players can make that transition (Brooks Thompson) to PG some can't.

When my son played club soccer for the Dallas Texans, they had a center midfielder with good skills (top 5 player on the team). When he brought the ball up and got in the attacking third, it was like his mind went blank and he didn't know what to do.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
According to HCMB in locker room, OSU was +18 when Dee Mitchell was on the floor. Wow.
I actually didn't know who he was for most of the time he was on the floor. Kept thinking he was Anderson, but knew that wasn't his number. Then thought he was a Boone, but he's obviously way too short. Finally had to look him up, because he was making an impact on the game. Looked really confident in his positioning, and looked super explosive when moving around on the floor. We need him out there more often!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Just throwing this out there, if they play like that the rest of the way, we go 6-3 to finish conference play. It's not where we hoped after killing Ole Miss, but it would be an OK result all things considered. Good to have the non-con version of Ice back.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Where are you at and how were you watching? If you were streaming with Hulu, etc, the service overlays their own commercials instead of running those aired on the national feed. As a result, you see a lot of second-tier commercials (cheaper to run) and more with local/regional interest especially if you are in the DFW area.
Okc. Streaming apple tv

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You just saw an advertisement for TCU. Just like OSU has them. No biggie big dawg.
I was in Stillwater watching on ESPN+ and saw not one OSU commercial. Saw some national things like Geico, etc..., But only University ones were TCU. And that was even on a big12 broadcast. Even ESPN or ESPN2 run some from each University playing normally.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
That was a great game to watch especially for this old school fan. Great defense being played especially by Ice on Bane. His defense had them scrambling. We let the scoring take care of itself taking appropriate three point shots while trying to break down their defense. Can't say enough about Dee Mitchell 18 minutes 0 turnovers. 4 and 21 not on the floor at the same time increases our speed so much on defense and changes what we are trying to do on offense, we looked like a different team. TCU is not very good, but lets hope we can carry over some momentum over to Baylor.

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
I was in Stillwater watching on ESPN+ and saw not one OSU commercial. Saw some national things like Geico, etc..., But only University ones were TCU. And that was even on a big12 broadcast. Even ESPN or ESPN2 run some from each University playing normally.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Saw the same TCU on the ESPN+ broadcast. I'm not a fan of the Big 12 programming through this service. Very focused on everyone we play and no attention and ads for OSU. Between poor production and camera work to missing a half of a game, and now to the Big 12 focusing on our opponents, the Big 12 administration has not come through very well on this on-line. I called to talk with the person responsible in the Big 12 office and of course he/she never returned my call.