MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys vs Texas Longhorns (ESPN+ GIA 7PM TONIGHT)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
Longhorns (11-4 overall, 1-2 Big 12) come into town to face the Cowboys (9-6, 0-3) tonight in GIA at 7PM.

Longhorns resumé are akin to our own. They have 3 great power 5 wins OOC with Purdue from the Big 10, California in the PAC 12, and Texas A&M, our former conference foe. Longhorns have lost to two Big East conference members: Providence College (which is in Rhode Island for those wondering) and Georgetown, a team us Pokes are already acquainted with. Big 12 play hasn’t been too kind for the Longhorns as they have lost to #2 Baylor (who we play this Saturday mind you) and OU, who is currently undefeated in conference play right now. The one win came from Kansas State who is now 7-6.

Unfortunately, not too much to say about our pokes. Matter of fact, it’s been pretty quite for HCMB. I have yet to see any motivational speeches or any videos for that matter discussing the TCU game last Saturday. Perhaps HCMB realizes that it’s time to start showing results; not to talk about it. Either way, I will always root for the good guys and I believe this is where we can turn things around. Go POKES, Beat TEXAS! GIA @7PM Tickets start at $15.

It may come of surprise, but Texas and Oklahoma State could be considered rivals when comparing their Head to Head records. Out of the 79 games played together, Texas Leads Oklahoma State 43 Wins to Oklahoma State’s 36 wins with the Pokes winning 3 of the last 5 (Source)

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Will definitely watch. Will definitely turn it off if Texas starts pulling away steadily and gets up 20+, which at this point seems very likely, especially so if coach doesn't at least TRY something different.

Feb 25, 2008
Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
ESPN+ saves me from myself by keeping me from watching more bad basketball.
Yep, not excited about the ESPN+ format. Just seems like another way to squeeze as much money out of loyal college fans for fringe games. Of course, there are a lot Longhorn fans out there who will buy anything regardless of value....over and over and over.

Anyway, Thunder are on TV...for free.