MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys vs #3 Kansas Jayhawks (ESPN2 8PM GIA BIG MONDAY)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
We shot 28% from the field and 11% from three..............

I can't figure out if we have a coaching problem or a talent problem. Maybe both.

We have no scorers. Lindy and Diz were supposed to be scorers and they have really let us down. But the whole team has a hard time putting the ball in the basket.

Nov 14, 2010
Tried to go on YouTube and see his post game. Of course it’s not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He said KU shot more 3's because of our zone.

Dave mentioned how we had more energy in the man and Boynton agreed but said we're not good enough to just stay in 1 defense.

He said he thought Saturday would give us a new start.

He conplimented McGriff and said he gabe us a performance that we need to compete in a game like this

He said he keeps encouragimg these kids that they can be better than this.

Dave didn't let him off the hook

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Tried to go on YouTube and see his post game. Of course it’s not there.

He said KU shot more 3's because of our zone.

Dave mentioned how we had more energy in the man and Boynton agreed but said we're not good enough to just stay in 1 defense.

He said he thought Saturday would give us a new start.

He conplimented McGriff and said he gabe us a performance that we need to compete in a game like this

He said he keeps encouragimg these kids that they can be better than this.

Dave didn't let him off the hook
Well we seem to play 1 defense the 2-3 even if they are lighting us up. And how many times does he think the next game will give us a new start. I mean honestly can it be any worse staying in man. We clearly aren’t good enough to play zone at all.

What else did dave say?

Nov 14, 2010
Jayhawk gameday live is pretty entertaining to watch.

One host, who played for KU in the late 80's, said he couldn't figure out what defense OSU was in and that it was weird

It was right after he said he had to guard John Starks and had 3 fouls in 10 seconds

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

I can't figure out if we have a coaching problem or a talent problem. Maybe both.

We have no scorers. Lindy and Diz were supposed to be scorers and they have really let us down. But the whole team has a hard time putting the ball in the basket.
It’s both. Once everyone figured out the 2 man game of ice and yor it was all over. They have no help. If lindy or dizzy could make a shot then it would force team to pay more attention to them instead they dare ice to pass to them and then just completely take yor out of the equation. That’s the sad thing. Yor and ice really can play but they have 0 help. Ice could create for yor and once yor established him self it opened the lane for ice who would lay it in or draw help and kick it out to an open man. But once everyone was like oh those guys can’t create a shot on their own everyone just sags down on ice and unfortunately he doesn’t have a jumper.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
With 12 games left I’m looking for the young guys to play bigger roles and hopefully pull out 4-5 wins. If that happens I’ll consider the final stretch a positive. That’s what I’m looking for. Because the whole, the next game is when we turn it around, just isn’t working for me.

Oct 29, 2016
US
18 of 64 from the field. :unsure:
Next year's team should shoot the ball at a much higher percentage..at least they should anyhow. The current roster must rely on a senior group that would be riding the bench at most other Div1 collegiate basketball programs. Cam and Lindy simply did not improve from year-to-year. They regressed.

Cade will average 20+ points a game next year, mark it down. The other two commits will play next year, too. Walker is a staunch defender and is capable of scoring 10+ points a game next year.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us

if the guys are running the offense and getting open looks, it’s on them.

I know what bad coaching looks like - witnessed the Leonard Hamilton-led pokes first hand. NBA talent with no leadership. THAT was bad coaching. You’d see flurries where they absolutely obliterated the opponent - men vs boys. This team has never shown us a whiff of that.

we have a solid stable of coaches looking for a solution. I support their efforts and appreciate the challenges they face.

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Next year's team should shoot the ball at a much higher percentage..at least they should anyhow. The current roster must rely on a senior group that would be riding the bench at most other Div1 collegiate basketball programs. Cam and Lindy simply did not improve from year-to-year. They regressed.

Cade will average 20+ points a game next year, mark it down. The other two commits will play next year, too. Walker is a staunch defender and is capable of scoring 10+ points a game next year.
The fact that players regressed is an indictment of the coach. He just is not very good

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
The coaches are responsible for putting players in a decent position to score. Ultimately, offensive woes have been there for Boyntons entire tenure. That is not his strength. I am not sure what his strength is.

It's funny that people defend a coach of a team that is 0-7 in conference. I am not sure how many wins we get the rest of the way. Sad. I did not think basketball could get worse than Ford as far as not winning NCAA tourney games. we can't even sniff the tourney now

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

I'm curious to know why you believe in this whole "next year will be better" idea. Based on what evidence? You think we're just going to magically shoot the ball at a "much higher percentage"? Why? How?

Next year can't get here soon enough. Addition by subtraction.
No more 5-3 defense with Dizzy and Waters.
No more 3's by McGriff, although Waters isn't much better.
You know.......we have someone on our bench that could put a stop to those things, but they haven't. What evidence do you have that suggests we won't do exactly the same things next season?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I don’t understand why if we find something that works in the first half we go away from it in the second half. We made a nice run to finish the first half except for the final minute. What is the reason to start the second half with the same players that started the first half? In an earlier game McGriff was hot from the 3 in the first half. He didn’t shoot another one in the second half. I just don’t get it. And Dziagwa should not see the floor. He can’t defend and he can’t creat his own shot. I like Likekele but he needs to shoot more. The other team can sag off of him because they know he won’t shoot from the outside. And he can’t drive against the better teams. Wait, in the Big 12 they all seem to be better. And Lindy! Ever since he gave the gifts to the basketball and university staffs his game has fallen apart. I expect much better next year when Boynton won’t have any seniors who he feels obligated to play.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I'm curious to know why you believe in this whole "next year will be better" idea. Based on what evidence? You think we're just going to magically shoot the ball at a "much higher percentage"? Why? How?

[slurrpup said]
Next year can't get here soon enough. Addition by subtraction.
No more 5-3 defense with Dizzy and Waters.
No more 3's by McGriff, although Waters isn't much better[end quote]

You know.......we have someone on our bench that could put a stop to those things, but they haven't. What evidence do you have that suggests we won't do exactly the same things next season?
Your last paragraph makes absolutely no sense. The evidence that we won’t do the same things next season is because those three guys won’t be here, duh!