MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys @ TCU Horned Frogs (ESPN2 @1PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
Same here, and it depresses the hell out of me.

I’m back to the same thought processes I had when Boynton was first hired. I like the guy, but he had no business being handed the keys to our program. And the advisor that was brought into the hiring process and his history with Boynton just makes it all look so much worse now. This program deserves a head coach who is already a proven commodity. This is why I felt that if we were going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience we might as well have taken a risk on Gottlieb. He probably would have agreed to come here for less than a million a year.

Anyway, seeing our program like this just flat out hurts. There are no excuses for this collection of athletes to be this bad of a basketball team. Those who are not infuriated by this level of play, and those who are still making excuses just don’t know basketball to be honest.
Quoting because people might miss this the first time. AD Mike Holder PAID an "Advisor" who knew Boynton to find and hire...Boynton. (The "advisor" didn't have to leave campus for this job) Oh, and the 'advisor' was paid handsomely for this service. (I've heard half a million dollars).
This all looked very bad before we saw the results on the court. Now that we see the results--three years of declining basketball performances and a potentially a last place team this year. Will anything change?

Apr 27, 2006
Quoting because people might miss this the first time. AD Mike Holder PAID an "Advisor" who knew Boynton to find and hire...Boynton. (The "advisor" didn't have to leave campus for this job) Oh, and the 'advisor' was paid handsomely for this service. (I've heard half a million dollars).
This all looked very bad before we saw the results on the court. Now that we see the results--three years of declining basketball performances and a potentially a last place team this year. Will anything change?
No, proactive action is not a part of cowboy culture.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
I remember before the season started Boynton said “I think we will surprise some people this year”. Well he’s right. Count me surprised. I didn’t think we’d be very good but I was sure we wouldn’t be worse than last year. I mean how can all 5 returning starters be worse than they were last year? You’d think that they’d at least be the same if not marginally better because they’re older if nothing else. I mean how can you win a tournament (any tournament) at the first of the year and then be this bad a month later. Just call me confused! That’s a really bad product on the floor. And how do you not make ANY changes from one game to the next. I mean come on, at least try something different.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I remember before the season started Boynton said “I think we will surprise some people this year”. Well he’s right. Count me surprised. I didn’t think we’d be very good but I was sure we wouldn’t be worse than last year. I mean how can all 5 returning starters be worse than they were last year? You’d think that they’d at least be the same if not marginally better because they’re older if nothing else. I mean how can you win a tournament (any tournament) at the first of the year and then be this bad a month later. Just call me confused! That’s a really bad product on the floor. And how do you not make ANY changes from one game to the next. I mean come on, at least try something different.
The way he spoke at Homecoming you could tell he expected a good team. “The time is now.” He didn’t expect this either, but it’s his job to adjust, and get the best out of his players.

Apr 7, 2006
To all those calling to attack the basket, my question is - with who? Likele is the only option and every defense knows that now - plus I doubt he's 100%. Waters and Anderson are turnover machines. You can't
make an outside shot - so you can't loosen up the defense.

Bench the seniors? Where's your offense coming from with Waters, Dziagwa and McGriff on the bench and Likele covered up?

Nov 18, 2011
Bench the seniors? Where's your offense coming from with Waters, Dziagwa and McGriff on the bench and Likele covered up?
You realize the bench out scored those guys 17-11 with less minutes. Trey Reeves had as many points as Waters and Dziagwa combined! If 3’s aren’t falling those guys have nothing.

Oct 30, 2007
To all those calling to attack the basket, my question is - with who? Likele is the only option and every defense knows that now - plus I doubt he's 100%. Waters and Anderson are turnover machines. You can't
make an outside shot - so you can't loosen up the defense.

With a system to do it implemented by coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I would meet the team plane with a severance check. This clown cannot coach a lick. Recruiting may be perceived to be a part of coaching but it is not. It is just salesmanship. He hires the brother of a top recruit and we get pumped up. Let him and that recruit go now and get started down the long trail of recovery. But do not let Holder handle the hiring.

Holder went cheap after the Ford/ Underwood fiascos and we will pay for that for years and years. He does not care about basketball. He only gives lip service to the football team because it is the real revenue generator.

We have a golf coach running a multi million dollar business. As a result we have a good golf team and a junior high level basketball program.
Looks like a troll to me. Two messages, really?

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
This troll bought his first season ticket in 1974 with no extra money to spend because he loved basketball and OSU. He kept 4 tickets until Holder jacked up the donation to keep same to $1500 per seat while paying Travis Ford $10,000,000. He never missed a home game (including preseason duds) until the cobwebs in the arena became too thick to walk through. And he never refused to watch a game until yesterday. I will accept the moniker (meaning the title for the under educated and naive such as you) as it will separate me from those willing to continuously prop up the lack of effort and ability displayed by the wait until next decade crowd.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
This troll bought his first season ticket in 1974 with no extra money to spend because he loved basketball and OSU. He kept 4 tickets until Holder jacked up the donation to keep same to $1500 per seat while paying Travis Ford $10,000,000. He never missed a home game (including preseason duds) until the cobwebs in the arena became too thick to walk through. And he never refused to watch a game until yesterday. I will accept the moniker (meaning the title for the under educated and naive such as you) as it will separate me from those willing to continuously prop up the lack of effort and ability displayed by the wait until next decade crowd.
Well, I must admit that you have had season tickets longer than I have. I’ve only had them since 1999. I never was a basketball fan until a friend gave me a pair of season tickets back them. I’ve been paying for them ever since.
its just that when someone new comes on the board talking down on the players and coaches they look like a troll. I hope you post more positively going forward. BTW, I’m probably close to your age. I’ve had football season tickets since 1974 except for one year in the ‘70s.