MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys @ TCU Horned Frogs (ESPN2 @1PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
What did Boynton say after the game?
He said:

“I’ve got a very un-confident team right now.”
“We’ve got kids that play hard but don’t really believe the ball is going in.”
”Cam is continuing to be a warrior for us. He came out real aggressive for us.”(?)
“Maybe we’re just playing way too conservatively...I know our percentages can’t get much worse.”
“It’s our job as a staff to find a way to get these guys some confidence.”

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
What did Boynton say after the game?
He said:

“I’ve got a very un-confident team right now.”
“We’ve got kids that play hard but don’t really believe the ball is going in.”
”Cam is continuing to be a warrior for us. He came out real aggressive for us.”(?)
“Maybe we’re just playing way too conservatively...I know our percentages can’t get much worse.”
“It’s our job as a staff to find a way to get these guys some confidence.”
They don’t believe it’s going in because it isn’t.

What I get from this is nothing will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2009
Some of you are amazing, calling the coach a clown and the players worthless?

I’m pissed about how bad the team is playing but this seems a little over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They didn’t have a 3 point line the last time it was this bad. I’d say it’s pretty hard to be over the top about this team

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
It aint going in because our offensive sets are: pass it, hold it and ball fake left and right for 3 or 4 seconds. Dribble left or right, hand off to a man coming off a screen, rinse, repeat, jack up a desperation 3.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Officially off the Boynton wagon. Red flags abound.
Same here, and it depresses the hell out of me.

I’m back to the same thought processes I had when Boynton was first hired. I like the guy, but he had no business being handed the keys to our program. And the advisor that was brought into the hiring process and his history with Boynton just makes it all look so much worse now. This program deserves a head coach who is already a proven commodity. This is why I felt that if we were going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience we might as well have taken a risk on Gottlieb. He probably would have agreed to come here for less than a million a year.

Anyway, seeing our program like this just flat out hurts. There are no excuses for this collection of athletes to be this bad of a basketball team. Those who are not infuriated by this level of play, and those who are still making excuses just don’t know basketball to be honest.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Some of you are amazing, calling the coach a clown and the players worthless?

I’m pissed about how bad the team is playing but this seems a little over the top.

They didn’t have a 3 point line the last time it was this bad. I’d say it’s pretty hard to be over the top about this team
I absolutely think this team is playing bad and it falls on the head coach. But name calling seems a little personal. I get saying the players gave poor effort or saying he can’t coach. Just think worthless and clown is a little much.

Sep 24, 2011
So Boynton sees it as a confidence issue. Interesting. Not a scheme problem or a lack of individual development. Just confidence. Well, Coach, you know what helps confidence? Attacking the basket. Hitting layups. Going to the foul line. Scoring points in the paint. That is how shooters build confidence. We should try it some time.

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
They don’t believe it’s going in because it isn’t.

What I get from this is nothing will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0-2 against KU; 0-2 against Baylor; 0-2 against Tech; 0-2 against WVU; 0-2 against OU; even if a miracle occurs and we somehow split against all remaining we finish 4-14. But let’s all keep our cool because there is a chance our coach goes on the internet and googles an offensive scheme.

Until today I had never in 40 years refused to watch a game. We can do our usual and sit back and wait for two more miserable years or move now to exorcise the problem. That means both Holder and Boynton.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
Chariton, IA
Well the season is lost. That’s just the reality. I’d like to believe that this is 2016 again where started conference play 0-6 and then won 10 of our next 11 but that’s a pipe dream right now.

We turned it around in 2016 by making a key defensive adjustment. We also had Carroll, Evans, and Forte. All of which were legit offensive threats. We don’t have that anymore. These guys are so so far away from having a nice offensive flow. The only thing we can hope for is that the freshman really come along over the course of the season. That takes giving them the opportunity though.

Sep 24, 2011
Would St. Louis beat this team? When you believe Ford could take St. Louis and beat our team, do we really need to debate the direction of the program?

Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
As tiring as this may sound, I do believe that we are halfway there in achieving great success for this program. I do believe HCMB is the right man for the job. To look at the positives, our team has been playing pretty well defensively.

For some reason, the guys just do not know what to do on offense. It’s hard to tell what the problem is. It is concerning leaving some players out there when we can swap them for the youngsters, but I just don’t know. There’s like ZERO confidence when it comes to making a bucket. I hope the staff figures out how to get these kids motivated again.

No one is hurt, no one has any sickness. We actually have healthy number of players to actual practice unlike last year. Not sure what the problem is. We looked great in the beginning and we played some tough teams and now we are looking like a different ball club. I believe in Coach Mike, I really do but it’s getting harder to defend him each game

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
sitting here watching tech and WV play...they just attack, the basket EVERY time they get the ball and only shoot 3 when appropriate. ....I think our whole offensive scheme is suspect and WEAK AF. I’m a Coach B fan, but he lets his players get away with playing SOFT...this “slump” is on him

Nov 18, 2010
I would meet the team plane with a severance check. This clown cannot coach a lick. Recruiting may be perceived to be a part of coaching but it is not. It is just salesmanship. He hires the brother of a top recruit and we get pumped up. Let him and that recruit go now and get started down the long trail of recovery. But do not let Holder handle the hiring.

Holder went cheap after the Ford/ Underwood fiascos and we will pay for that for years and years. He does not care about basketball. He only gives lip service to the football team because it is the real revenue generator.

We have a golf coach running a multi million dollar business. As a result we have a good golf team and a junior high level basketball program.
All of this. I got blasted a year ago when I suggested something similar. But how bad does it have to get? Give Holder a new title and let him handle fundraising. But get a real AD in here and let him find a basketball coach ASAP.