MBB: Cowboys WIN 83-66 Against the Oklahoma Sooners. HCMB 4-6 last 6 games. Next up #1 KU on Monday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Good things ahead for Cowboy Basketball. Even after Cade goes to the league, it’s exciting to think about what the Boones will be along with all the other talent we have.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Dadgum...had to miss this one. Daughter had high school softball tryouts and I decided to take advantage of some beautiful weather and dust off the golf clubs. Highlights looked great. Will have to catch the replay. A Bedlam win is always good. Especially for our seniors. Its been fun watching these guys the last 5 or 6 games. Looking forward to Big Monday at KU.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
What a great game!!
Got to be happy for Cam, guy gives 100% even when he has struggled.
Amazing how much energy the Boones and Anderson bring when they enter the game. Some would ask why that haven’t been playing this much all year...because they get totally lost on D sometimes, thankfully they are starting to get it figured it out, unfortunately it this late in the season.
Finally for anyone that was sitting around me at the game I truly apologize. I may have said some bad words in the middle of all the charges the one ref was calling.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Finally for anyone that was sitting around me at the game I truly apologize. I may have said some bad words in the middle of all the charges the one ref was calling.

They did their absolute best to ruin the game. It happens all the time in college basketball, call it one way in the first half then come out in the 2nd and it's non stop whistles. We weren't doing anything different in the 2nd but either the refs felt they needed to be the star of the show or they knew the league wanted ou protected. We just played well enough to overcome the help ou was given.

Oct 30, 2007
Great win today. I'm really happy for the entire program. It always reminds me of Coach Budke whenever I see an orange blazer on the sideline for Bedlam. I was really impressed by Coach Boynton's comments during the postgame press conference. You can tell he really appreciates the program's history and those that came before him.

Postgame Quotes: Mike Boynton talks dominant Bedlam win
On wearing the orange blazer for the Bedlam game:
“You know I’ve talked time and time again about how much it means for me to be the coach here. I have a deep understanding of the history and tradition of this program. This is Mr. [Henry] Iba’s program, coach [Eddie] Sutton’s basketball program. Obviously coach Budke was a big part of our women’s program. I stand on those guys’ shoulders all the time and thankful for the opportunity to do so. It’s also about our fans. Bedlam’s a big deal. I’ve never shied away from that. For our fans to understand how committed we are as a whole group, this is just a small token of what it means to play in this game and have an opportunity to represent Oklahoma State in it. It’s really, really important. I hope it looked good because I don’t like coaching with a jacket on. It’s pretty hot, but it was important today.”

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
They did their absolute best to ruin the game. It happens all the time in college basketball, call it one way in the first half then come out in the 2nd and it's non stop whistles. We weren't doing anything different in the 2nd but either the refs felt they needed to be the star of the show or they knew the league wanted ou protected. We just played well enough to overcome the help ou was given.
I think the refs did an good job overall. They probably felt they needed to clean up the physical aspect of the game or risk losing control (which I agree with). I don’t think there was any conspiracy or anything. The one ref called like three offensive fouls in a row, the one on Anderson was particularly bad. Also if you want to play the part of the bully you are going to draw some fouls, (when Lindy hacked Reeves) and I’m defiantly OK with that!!

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
The first half to second half difference wasn't as bad as the south end to north end of the court difference. I don't deny we committed some of those fouls, but the landthieves were doing the same thing without being called for it.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I don't deny we committed some of those fouls, but the landthieves were doing the same thing without being called for it.
Were they? In the 2nd half, we had 5 guys on the court busting their asses and being extremely aggressive. They had one. To me it just seemed like Reeves was the only one really working for ou. The other 4 guys on the court were invisible. I’ll take a few extra whistles when the end result is we demoralize them and make them quit.

Dec 9, 2013
That is true in a lot of cases. But in college basketball, working the officials is a skill. He doesn't need to lose his mind, but he needs to put up a protest.
And Lon gave a master class in this yesterday. Down by double digits, 2of his 3 best not hitting in a completely juiced atmosphere he worked the refs every dead ball. Every time they passed his box. He didn’t yell. He didn’t stomp but you could see him in their ear. Then he put Reaves in control & had him attack the basket. He made the officials blow the whistle. And we did the exact opposite. Instead of attacking we started shooting jump shots and for once this season they went down. Take away dizzies prayer and put Cam & Laurent in their normal %s and that thing goes the other way. Manek picked up his 4th and we never went back at him in the paint. It was clear as day he couldn’t guard Cam, Yor or Kalib.