MBB class moves up to #6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Ice is a really good player. I like him a lot. But Cunningham is Ice on steriods, but they are similar in they are both stat stuffers and primary ballhandlers. How do they fit is the question, especially if we don't surround the two with high level shooting?

Just like Anei and Khalib....both good players, but they really can't play at the same time right now.
Who in the name of little green apples is Khalib? Do you mean Kalib Boone, and just don't know enough to spell his name correctly?

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
If Ice hasn’t figured out how to become a better shooter by now it’s too late. Ice is very limited on offense unless he’s posting up a smaller guard and going to the basket.

OSU9953

Wrangler
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If Ice hasn’t figured out how to become a better shooter by now it’s too late. Ice is very limited on offense unless he’s posting up a smaller guard and going to the basket.
definitely not too late...kid hasn’t put an emphasis on it simply he could drive to the basket all day long. Plenty of basketball players who’ve came in as poor shooters and improve over time. Just got to put in the work

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Walker looks like perfect fit for the 2 spot. He's going to need some time to adjust like most freshman do, but he can slash and pop it from deep. He and Cade already have a ton of chemistry. I agree that they have to find minutes for Ice because he and Cade will both be the leaders on this team. Hard to imagine Walker not getting a real shot to prove himself though. He will get minutes.

Aug 7, 2006
Not true at all. He doesn't have to be an elite shooter, but he does have to at least be able to present the threat of being a capable shooter. If he can hit a couple jump shots a game, teams will have to defend him completely differently.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Ice is a really good player. I like him a lot. But Cunningham is Ice on steriods, but they are similar in they are both stat stuffers and primary ballhandlers. How do they fit is the question, especially if we don't surround the two with high level shooting?

Just like Anei and Khalib....both good players, but they really can't play at the same time right now.
Who in the name of little green apples is Khalib? Do you mean Kalib Boone, and just don't know enough to spell his name correctly?
To quote The Dude from the Big Lebowski. “You’re not wrong. You’re an asshole”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
Not true at all. He doesn't have to be an elite shooter, but he does have to at least be able to present the threat of being a capable shooter. If he can hit a couple jump shots a game, teams will have to defend him completely differently.
Agreed, and it doesn't necessarily need to be 3's. A nice mid-range jump shot will do a lot for his game. He's already got a nice little floater in the lane, I don't think it is too much to expect he could incorporate that 12-15 foot jumper.

And speaking of offensive games, Yor needs to keep being aggressive in the post. When he decides he's going to do it, he has really nice post moves. That up and under in the k-state game was nice, he just doesn't look for it enough IMO.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
And look how little you know about our current players. Learn who they are before you lock them into their little cubbyhole careers.
I knew you were a total clown, but you've outdone yourself this time.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Obviously Cade will be at point the question is how does Ice fit at the #2 guard position. Our defense will be extremely good with all of our height and length. I think we will live on transition offense, fast breaks, and pushing the ball up the court. Running a set offense with Ice at basically the shooting guard #2 spot is where things will be interesting.

I think the three point line moving back this year is something to consider overall going forward. We had great shooters in Lindy and Dziagwa. They haven't been consistently the same this year with the three point line moving back. I would be interested in if that is the case with other teams nationally. So a "knock down" shooter might not carry the same weight as it has in the past, possibly I'm not sure. But yeah spreading the floor will be key also because we will now have guys who can get their own shot.
3-pt line movement has had an effect on some shooters this year, but overall it hasn't been as big of a drop as expected. Going forward, as teams practice with the new line for another year, the percentages will go back up.

Lindy 69/154 44.8% now 36/113 31.9%
Dizzy 105/247 42.5% now 63/157 40.1%

I think something is up with Lindy this year, his whole game just took a step backwards.

Sep 23, 2010
3-pt line movement has had an effect on some shooters this year, but overall it hasn't been as big of a drop as expected. Going forward, as teams practice with the new line for another year, the percentages will go back up.

Lindy 69/154 44.8% now 36/113 31.9%
Dizzy 105/247 42.5% now 63/157 40.1%

I think something is up with Lindy this year, his whole game just took a step backwards.
I don't know if the line moving back had the effect or not. Lindy had something in his head. He wasn't near as good from the FT line either this year. And then he would just get the ball taken away from him at critical times in games this year. Just was never right it seemed.