MBB: Big12 Zebras Defeat the Cowboys 70-78 (OSU was down 2 with 30sec to BU) Next up KSU on Tuesday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
Disagree completely. I thought it was a foul on the defender. And at that crucial point in the game, you can't call that a foul. It was blatantly wrong to do so. But.......I'll agree to disagree.
The good thing about the way you post is that you call a Spade a Spade in terms of how you see things.

If something deserves criticism it gets it.

On the Vice Versa...if it deserves praise it gets that too

If you agree you say why and defend it

If you disagree you say why and defend that too.

That's a healthy way to view something we're all passionate about because it creates a balanced view on things because you dont enter with pre concieved ideas...

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Had the roles been reversed on the ice play guarantee you it’s an and 1 or no call for Baylor. Not to mention there’s was a lot of contract as he was backing his was down to the basket. Which when Baylor did that any contact by osu was instantly whistled. Proof being the 21 fouls called in the second half on osu alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jun 30, 2004
Coyle,OK
Post from Baylor Message Board.
RedBear05
1:38a, 2/9/20

Seemed to me the officials were hesitant to call anything on OSU but very eager to call fouls on the Bears. This allowed OSU to score many easy shots while the Bears struggled to play physical defense. Meanwhile, the OSU defense got away with many hacks and no calls when the Bears were on offense or going for rebounds. I can't believe the OSU coach got angry with the officiating and was subsequently ejected. In reality, the officiating was the primary reason this game was close.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
My take watching it in real time was probably no call. There was some body contact by Baylor, but end of game, no call. Then the whistle blew and I thought, damn, we get a 3 pt play. Silly me. I should know by now that Baylor will never suffer any consequence, no matter what they do.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
RedBear05

Seemed to me the officials were hesitant to call anything on OSU but very eager to call fouls on the Bears. This allowed OSU to score many easy shots while the Bears struggled to play physical defense. Meanwhile, the OSU defense got away with many hacks and no calls when the Bears were on offense or going for rebounds. I can't believe the OSU coach got angry with the officiating and was subsequently ejected. In reality, the officiating was the primary reason this game was close.
Talk about green glasses. OSU had 4 foul out and the officials were hesitant to call anything on OSU. Stupid is as stupid does.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
RedBear05

Lololololololololol..... Did he somehow look at the box score and get the fouls mixed up?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 18, 2009
Lololololololololol..... Did he somehow look at the box score and get the fouls mixed up?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Wasn’t the game in Stillwater close too?!

Hard to imagine how this one was suddenly close because we got so much favoritism from the officials in their gym. The call on ice and the phantom foul on the rebound are beyond unexplainable even for the most green or orange Kool-Aid drinkers. Watch the tape. It’s simple.

There were certainly some questionable calls in our favor as well. But for any fan of an undisputed number one team to come out and cry about refs being against them is beyond laughable. It’s like when the OU and Texas football fans bitch about refs, or KU basketball fans.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think the bias is more sub-concious than conscious. Refs are influenced by the crowd. they are human. They enter a game knowing who the better team is. It is not a conspiracy, but just human nature. We are all biased.
I actually tend to agree with you for the most part. I seriously doubt there's anything overtly unethical (payments, etc...) but definitely believe there was a lot of weirdness in that game. Again...I think a lot of it is just poor officiating across all of college hoops.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think the bias is more sub-concious than conscious. Refs are influenced by the crowd. they are human. They enter a game knowing who the better team is. It is not a conspiracy, but just human nature. We are all biased.
There are three kinds of officials in the world

1. The official that is going to ignore the crowd and do their job
2. The official that is going to placate the home crowd so they can be cheered
3. The official that is going to make a majority of calls against the home team to show they are hard nosed.

I have officiated and I have been on crews with all three types. The most annoying is the third type of official because they are normally asshats anyway. The one that placates and needs to be loved is more dangerous, as was witnessed yesterday because they need that extra love from the crowd. As Belicheck would say, "Do your job." We didn't see that Saturday.

I do realize there is the 4th kind of official, the incompetent idiot that does not know the rules. Since these guys are actually calling the game at the college level we should assume they have been competent at one time or another.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
There are three kinds of officials in the world

1. The official that is going to ignore the crowd and do their job
2. The official that is going to placate the home crowd so they can be cheered
3. The official that is going to make a majority of calls against the home team to show they are hard nosed.

I have officiated and I have been on crews with all three types. The most annoying is the third type of official because they are normally asshats anyway. The one that placates and needs to be loved is more dangerous, as was witnessed yesterday because they need that extra love from the crowd. As Belicheck would say, "Do your job." We didn't see that Saturday.

I do realize there is the 4th kind of official, the incompetent idiot that does not know the rules. Since these guys are actually calling the game at the college level we should assume they have been competent at one time or another.
That last statement may be up for debate i.e. Central Michigan debacle.:)

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Frank Bonner II: OSU coach Mike Boynton and senior Thomas Dziagwa bond over books to create a relationship deeper than basketball

Thomas Dziagwa’s father, Don, and Dziagwa’s mom, Mary, are both educators, so reading books also became a major part of his life. Don read Harry Potter books to Dziagwa and his three older siblings when they were young.

Dziagwa and his mother also listened to audio books on the ride to and from school. His parents kept many books in the house.

So, it’s no surprise that Dziagwa spends much of his time reading when he’s not shooting a basketball for Oklahoma State.

“I know Thomas picked all that up at a very, very early age in regards to the value of books,” Don said. “We’ve always had books in our house. I mean we’ve got book cases upon book cases. …Every night he went to bed, he’s laying down and looks over and there’s book cases filled with books. At a really young age he got involved in books.”
Also, Guerin Emig did his weekly Big 12 men's basketball rankings, which can be viewed here.