MBB: Big12 Zebras Defeat the Cowboys 70-78 (OSU was down 2 with 30sec to BU) Next up KSU on Tuesday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
That game was a complete travesty. The Big 12 is a joke. Holder needs to mount a vigorous protest and protect our coach and players. I’m sick of it.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I don’t mind the players feeling like the refs screwed them in the game. They may play with a chip on their shoulder for a while. If I’m Boynton, I lean into that... hard.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Laurent good call. That was it. You are full of crap.
Good to see emotion for basketball again.

It's fun to see our fans rallying behind the troops after a hard fought game.

I hope we parlay this momentum into a good finish to the season.

KState is a very, very winnable game Tuesday
Honestly, with the way they played against Baylor, every game from here on out is winnable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don’t mind the players feeling like the refs screwed them in the game. They may play with a chip on their shoulder for a while. If I’m Boynton, I lean into that... hard.
There's some after game video of the locker room where Ice is telling the other guys, that if they want to be mad then fine, let's take it out on Tuesday.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Regardless of the outcome in this game, I’m proud of our players and Coach Boynton.
I hate that Baylor won but this is a loss you can live with. The kids fought their a$$es off and so did Boynton (although I wish he’d have gotten a T sooner earlier
FIFY. Don’t use that other word.

@orangedog , your post #262 could also use some polishing in this regard, lol.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is evidence of the reason I want Coach Boynton to succeed so badly. The man is a class act, and at such a young age. When we play like this and the improvement we have shown for the past week and a half it does make me excited for the future. I hope this type of play continues...The foul on our point guard driving to the basket that would have tied it with the free throw as a bogus as any I have seen in a LONG LONG time...changed the game for the worse for us...but home cooking always happens at home. Not unexpected on the road and we didn't recover.

Nov 14, 2010
You mean let’s lose yet more sorta close games where we try hard?
Wednesday we won a conference game by 15 to a team that, a couple weeks earlier, we had lost to by double digits

Yesterday wasn't sorta close.....it was close

With 35 seconds left it was a 2 point game

That is definitely momentum

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
OSU in no way got screwed tonight

Emotions are raw in the situation we have put ourselves in

Having said that....

I don't blamr Boynton for being emotional like he got
You and I seemingly see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment on this. First of all, I absolutely hate how ticky tack the refs are in college basketball. It's painful trying to watch a game due to their constant stopping of play. So right off the bat, I think both teams had some arguments against various calls. But honestly, less than half of the calls against OSU were remotely legit. Not even close. The "charging" call on Ice near the end was probably the most egregious, but there were so many other calls (or no calls) that were horrendous. How about the play where McGriff grabbed a strong rebound, and the Baylor player basically karate chopped him across the head after he pulled it down? No foul. Or the constant off-hand shoving by their guards (which the announcers praised as being "tough" and "physical"), but then any similar play by our guys gets whistled immediately, and the announcers say "you gotta know you just can't do that, especially on the road against the #1 team". You kidding me??? Who the F cares who the opponent is or where the game is played. I don't care if that's normal. It's wrong, and it deserves to be called out. Even with the apparent support from the announcers of the whole "protect the #1 team" garbage, they were STILL questioning several calls, even after watching replays.

Now.......do we win that game with better officiating? Not saying we would have, because we still had to make our shots. But it was clear from the opening tipoff that the refs were going to do everything in their power to deny us a chance.

Nov 14, 2010
You and I seemingly see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment on this. First of all, I absolutely hate how ticky tack the refs are in college basketball. It's painful trying to watch a game due to their constant stopping of play. So right off the bat, I think both teams had some arguments against various calls. But honestly, less than half of the calls against OSU were remotely legit. Not even close. The "charging" call on Ice near the end was probably the most egregious, but there were so many other calls (or no calls) that were horrendous. How about the play where McGriff grabbed a strong rebound, and the Baylor player basically karate chopped him across the head after he pulled it down? No foul. Or the constant off-hand shoving by their guards (which the announcers praised as being "tough" and "physical"), but then any similar play by our guys gets whistled immediately, and the announcers say "you gotta know you just can't do that, especially on the road against the #1 team". You kidding me??? Who the F cares who the opponent is or where the game is played. I don't care if that's normal. It's wrong, and it deserves to be called out. Even with the apparent support from the announcers of the whole "protect the #1 team" garbage, they were STILL questioning several calls, even after watching replays.

Now.......do we win that game with better officiating? Not saying we would have, because we still had to make our shots. But it was clear from the opening tipoff that the refs were going to do everything in their power to deny us a chance.
It's all good

We can agree to disagree

The off hand offensive foul on Ice was and easy call.

McGriff
Foul #1 pushed a guy to the floor 90 feet from the bucket. Obvious and blatant and gotta look to see if it was a flagrant 1
Foul #2 Ticky tack call-created from the denial up the line defense. Cam was denying the next pass and created some contact but not much

Yor
Foul #1 moving screen-obvious call
Foul#2 doesn't catch a pass from Ice, Vital has freenrun at a runout dunk and Anei reaches out and grabs him. Easy call and blatant
Foul #3 doesnt go up strong and misses a point blank shot, then reaches and grabs a Baylor player from behind out of frustration. It was blatant and an easy call.

Boone
Foul #1 hip check on a ball screen. Easy, blatant and obvious.
Foul #2 doesn't move his feet, then lazily tries to steal the entry pass, then tries to recover and hits the shooter in the elbow

That's on top of the list of fouls that I went through in the 2nd half in earlier posts that were the correct call as well.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2006
Boulder

The Apocalypse must be nigh. I agree with you.