MBB: “This is Where We Turn it Around” Cowboys Snaps 6 game losing streak with a Win against TexasA&M

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
Texas A&M hosts Cowboys tomorrow afternoon in College Station. We all know our record; however, let’s take a peak at our former Big 12 foe. Aggies are 3-3 in conference, 9-8 overall currently 9th (out of 14) in their conference.

HCMB has few words the fans.
https://youtu.be/UaOK0JjmnE8

https://twitter.com/osumbb/status/1220889021670277120?s=21

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Sorry but "Sticking with the plan" and "Staying the course" do not sound like good ideas.

This defense is horrendous. You will always foul alot when you ask players to chase the ball and the lanes vs defending the player. Its foolish. A couple more turnovers a game isnt worth it. You lose more possessions by being out of position to get the rebound than getting turnovers.

This is just defensive issues. The offensive issues are much worse and there appears to be little idea what to do from anyone on the court outside of jacking up bad shots.

Ultimately, I root for OSU in every game (OSU MBB is in a bad state for a long time), but it is stupid that Boynton will likely save his job this year because he hired a relative of the top recruit, not based on any real merit. That's embarrassing.

Nov 14, 2010

Ultimately, I root for OSU in every game (OSU MBB is in a bad state for a long time), but it is stupid that Boynton will likely save his job this year because he hired a relative of the top recruit, not based on any real merit. That's embarrassing.
100% agree with this

I'm not saying that Boynton doesn't need to be given more time, but it doesn't need to be given based on a recruit.

If he's given more time it needs to be because his coaching has shown that, with time, we're headed in the right direction

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
100% agree with this

I'm not saying that Boynton doesn't need to be given more time, but it doesn't need to be given based on a recruit.

If he's given more time it needs to be because his coaching has shown that, with time, we're headed in the right direction
I'd add also that we've just seen a 2nd 5 star guy decide to quit 18 games into the season & wait for the draft, so conventional wisdom on landing 5 stars continues to evolve.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Sorry but "Sticking with the plan" and "Staying the course" do not sound like good ideas.

This defense is horrendous. You will always foul alot when you ask players to chase the ball and the lanes vs defending the player. Its foolish. A couple more turnovers a game isnt worth it. You lose more possessions by being out of position to get the rebound than getting turnovers.

This is just defensive issues. The offensive issues are much worse and there appears to be little idea what to do from anyone on the court outside of jacking up bad shots.

You do realize that we were one of his top choices even before we hired his brother right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
You do realize that we were one of his top choices even before we hired his brother right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
If one of the other schools he was high on would have hired his brother, where would he have gone?

So....without the hire of his brother, would he be coming here?

If Boynton hired his brother to get Cade, then we keep Boymton because we got Cade, then we deserve what we get.

Maybe Coach Cunningham will prove to be a good hire on his own merit, but Yor has regressed, Boone hasn't splashed yet like many thought he would/could, so I think the jury is definitely out on the quality of coach he is

But....to keep both of those guys just simply for the sake of keeping a recruit that many think will only be here 1 year is the wrong move.

If their coaching merit proves to be worthy, keep them

If not ... move on

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Texas A&M
Best Wins: Oregon State and at Mizzou
Worst Losses: Fairfield and South Carolina

Oklahoma State
Best Wins: at Houston and Syracuse
Worst Losses: at Iowa State and Georgetown.

Strength of schedule
aTm: 121st
OSU: 12th

Pokes are favored by 2.

I'll pick OSU to end the Losing streak today. The cowboys have played a much tougher schedule and this bad streak has to end sometime right?

Go Pokes!! :koolaid::pistols:

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
At this point this season is just about progress and improvement. Particularly on coach's end. We know our best talent is still young, but I haven't seen much this season in terms of Boynton's evolution as a game manager and schemer and that is the biggest question mark with him as far as I'm concerned. He's still a young coach with room to grow, but he's going to have to improve in those areas to have any shot at sticking. Recruiting and personality only get you so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
This is a must win simply for the fact that aTm fans will talk entirely too much crap if they beat us in football and basketball. They'll act we've never ever beat them in anything ever.

Mar 27, 2008
Lets Go Cowboys!!!!

Has anyone else been watching SEC vs Big12 Challenge games?

Interesting game tonight #1 Baylor @ unranked Florida. Florida is favored to win which seems very odd going against the #1 team in the nation.

kadune

Bitching about grad school
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
CoMo
McGriff gave up two open threes in the corner on defense and then committed the foul for the and-one attempt. Hope he turns his play around in this game quickly.