Maybe a good bet(wvu hoops)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
Derek Culver looks good for a true freshman. the kid is a beast. He was suspended the 1st semester. Konate has played a couple of games, none recently.

The thought preseason was the combination of esa , konate, and culver underneath would be too much for most teams to overcome.

Esa looks like he's back on dope. His eyes are glazed when he's on the floor(which he wasnt a single minute against the Pokes). Esa was, 4 years ago, the highest rated recruit in the state of Ohio.

Season is a bust, but there is always next year!!!!!!

Nowhere to go but up!!!!!!

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Derek Culver looks good for a true freshman. the kid is a beast. He was suspended the 1st semester. Konate has played a couple of games, none recently.

The thought preseason was the combination of esa , konate, and culver underneath would be too much for most teams to overcome.

Esa looks like he's back on dope. His eyes are glazed when he's on the floor(which he wasnt a single minute against the Pokes). Esa was, 4 years ago, the highest rated recruit in the state of Ohio.

or just stay in the cellar.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
:innocent:

How about home?

By the way, the pokes lost their most experienced point guard DURING the game, first half. Still figured out how to overcome the couch fire. Injuries happen to everyone. And get coaches fired.

Talk to ya next game!

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on the road win. Here's our postgame coverage...

Five takeaways from Mark Cooper...

A stat that wins games: Oklahoma State had zero live-ball turnovers in the second half.

For the season, OSU's turnover numbers are below average.

In 16 games, the Cowboys have turned the basketball over on 20.1 percent of possessions. That ranks just 242nd in the nation.

But in four Big 12 games, OSU has cut that number to 15.1 percent.

That's the best in the Big 12.
Also from Mark: Oklahoma State beginning to see benefits of bulked-up nonconference schedule

STILLWATER — At first, the phrasing was befuddling. Lindy Waters, fresh off a 19-point, nine-rebound performance in a win over Texas, was asked about Oklahoma State’s unsparing nonconference schedule — one that, according to the NCAA’s NET ratings, ranks 23rd in the country.

Waters, then OSU coach Mike Boynton, both used the same set of words to describe that schedule. For a team that ranks 297th of 353 Division-I teams in experience, it “set us up for failure.”

“I didn’t want them to fail,” Boynton said after the Texas game. “But I put them in position where things weren’t going to be easy. And I wanted to see how they’d respond. We didn’t handle it as well as we could have, as I hoped we would in November and December. But like I talked about all along, the key is trying to be playing better this time of year and moving forward. And I think we are.”

Four days later, OSU produced its best offensive game of the season, scoring 85 points in 67 possessions to take down West Virginia. The Cowboys (8-8, 2-2 Big 12) were picked last in the conference in the preseason, and a poll taken on Jan. 1 would have had them in the basement.
Associated Press' recap...

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — With an upcoming home stretch, it looks like Oklahoma State is getting hot at the right time.

Isaac Likekele had some fun, scoring a career-high 23 points with nine rebounds to lead the Cowboys to their first true road win, defeating West Virginia 85-77 on Saturday.

“I was definitely having fun. I was just trying to remain focused on the game plan and remain aggressive,” Likekele said. “Most importantly, it was fun because I feel like everybody believed and everybody wanted to come in here and win. We were just so determined.”

After an ugly, back-and-forth first 15 minutes, the Cowboys (8-8, 2-2 Big 12) had a one-point lead before Cameron McGriff led a quick 11-2 run with five straight points to stretch the margin to 10 with two minutes left. The Cowboys led 39-28 at halftime.
Also, I don't see a thread on the women's basketball team, so congrats also to the Cowgirls on their weekend home win against Texas Tech. At 11-4 overall and 2-2 in the Big 12, they have the best record of any D-I program in the state currently

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

talk to us when he pisses out of a moving vehicle...................

Aug 16, 2012
Hey WVU guy, nice job against TCU last night. Only a 31-point loss. Now 0-5 in the conference and under .500 on the season. This string just keeps getting better.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
Never seen anything quite like this Eer fan. Passion and ignorance make for interesting reading. I posted it on an Eer board and they fumed at me. :runaway:

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
At least I got the part about beating Kansas right. With the win today, WVU improves to 5-2 against kansas in Morgantown. /ducks.

Sep 9, 2013
I've learned my lesson on predictions, but WVU will be loaded next year!!!

McDonald's All American: Josiah James, Wendell Moore, Cole Anthony, Oscar Tshwiebe

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
I've learned my lesson on predictions, but WVU will be loaded next year!!!

McDonald's All American: Josiah James, Wendell Moore, Cole Anthony, Oscar Tshwiebe
So how do you think they'll do?
Josiah James will do well for Tennessee
Wendell Moore will do well for Duke
Cole Anthony will do well for UNC, Oregon or Duke

and

Oscar Tshwiebe will probably be a work in progress for a year or two at WVU